1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner wont see Blank Dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by juneof44, Jan 15, 2007.

1. juneof44

juneof44 Member

Hey all!

I need some help, i got 2 dvd burner's on my computer the top of the line Pioneer and a older (+/-3 years) NU dvd burner.

i never add problems with both till last week. They wont see blank dvds. memorex, maxell, imation even verbatine.

i had Nero 7, still have roxio 6 and my sonic dvd, i have DVD shrink and DVD decryptor.

i can burn and read cd's fine, can read DVD's... but cant write a f%?"kin DVD... + im half way throught season 2 of the sopranos... and cant burn the rest of the season... it's killing me

any help outthere...

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I probably would have kept the Nero and removed Roxio and Sonic.
    You can copy and burn most DVDs with just Shrink and Decrypter though. Newer movies with ARcoSS and other forms of protection will need a program like AnyDVD or DVDFab Decrypter to rip.

Here are a few things to try:

Run the CCleaner to correct any registry "issues".

Try a system restore (if you have a restore point going back that far).

Make sure you have done your system maintenance and updates; disc clean-up and defrag, virus scan, DMA enabled, drive firmware up to date.

Stick with the Verbatim media or try some Taiyo Yuden. Some media is so bad that it will not be recognized as such.

You may want to reinstall Nero and use the Nero CleanTool to remove it if you didn't do that when you removed it. That does a better job of getting rid of various fragments left behind. I'd run the CCleaner again if you do this.

Do any of the programs recognize DVDs?
    Your PC seems to still recognize the drives, CD read and write so try removing and reinstalling whatever program you are using to rip and burn the DVDs with (Shrink most likely).

Unlikely to fix anything but if nothing else works...
    Physically remove and reinstall your DVD drives by unplugging the connectors, boot with them disconnected, plug em back in and boot again to reinstall.

3. juneof44

juneof44 Member

I tried unpluging, uninstalling and reinstalling no luck there.

Did a system restore not luck there.

ill' re instal nero! with the cleantool first...
    flush away roxio!

man... by Pioneer burner is brand new... it makes funny sound though when i put a dvd-r in it jerks around for a minute then nothing!

think it's the burner itself...

anyway ill try out a couple of more things

TKS for the fast response!

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

humm are you sure your Pioneer burner is compatible with DVD dash R media try using DVD plus Rs

5. juneof44

juneof44 Member

That's where im at today... ill let you know!

TKS

Nice pic!
    [​IMG]