1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burners

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Tweak_01, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

Which program is better for backing up files Nero, DVD wizard or Game cloner. I just bought the three and i want to know which one i should use for tor

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Backing up what kind of files? If you mean backing up ps2 games, dvd decrypter for dvd-based games, and pretty much any burning software for cd-based games.

3. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

cool thx but what if i wanted to burn games i bought off a legal website

4. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

i mean downloaded and saved to my hard drive,how would i go about playing them on a console

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well, you can easily burn any legal game that you have with dvd decrypter, if its a dvd game.
    But, if you have a downloaded game on your hdd, what file do you have? Is it an .iso image file or is it the contents of a ps2 game, or is it a bunch of compressed .rar files?

6. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

i have several rods in the fire but the one closest to being finished is a ISO file

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If it's an .iso file you got there, i would suggest downloading 'Dvd Decrypter' for free from this site. This program is the best for making/burning ps2 .iso's.

8. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

what is the quickest way for me to build my status in this forum, i know it's unrealated but i'm curious

9. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

cheers i will do that i still have a couple of hours before download is complete anyway

10. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

sorry here's another rooky question, what if i don't have a dvd burner

11. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

-Only way to do this is # of posts. They only update like every 5-8 weeks or so i think. I believe 25 or 50 is junior member and 100 was member, and like 500 for senior member.

-Then, run out and grab one along with some dvdr's, or stick with cd-based backups.

12. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

i've heard that ps2 only plays cdr backups

13. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Nah, it plays dvdr backups quite well.

Now you do realize that you need to mod or slightly mod your ps2 to allow backups to run right?

14. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

yup it's all kitted out i even have some backup games already but since i didn't make them i don't know where to begin

15. Tweak_01

Tweak_01 Guest

i don't know there to begin creating my own backups

16. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You either need to get and install a modchip, use a hdd, or use a swap method like SwapMagic v3.3 to load your backup games.
    Now most ps2 games coming out are usually dvd-based games, so really to back them up you will need to burn them onto dvdr's, with a dvd burner. You can easily do that with Dvd Decrypter, a free program downloadable from this site.