1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnign VOB or AVI to mini dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dorian614, Aug 9, 2007.

1. dorian614

dorian614 Member

I hsve no idea if this is even possible. Can you take a movie that is saved as a single vob file, or an AVI file, and put it into a DVD format that will fit the whole movie on one mini DVD? I think mini DVD's are 1.8GB, but my VOB file for a movie that was ripped using the IFO feature in DVD Decrypter is say 5GB in size, just for the movie alone.

Is there some kind of tool that can get it down to the size of a mini DVD? I have found a portable mini DVD player online for $20, and I wanted to get it due to the price, but obviously if I can't make my movies mini DVD size and format, it's useless.

Thanks in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know anything about mini-DVD's but I have used DVD Shrink to squeeze full length movies to 1.5GB.
    The quality is that of a VHS tape on a 26 inch, LCD, TV screen.
    I reauthor the main title using custom compression and save to a folder, then close and reopen Shrink, open the folder and repeat as required to get it to the desired size.

DVD Shrink:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    Download, install and run.
    'Open Files' choose the folder with the DVD files.
    Click 'Backup!'
    'Target Device' / 'Select backup target' > 'ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter'
    File will be analyzed and shrunk to fit DVD (if required).