1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnin at high speed to many times or do I need new driver

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by AndreL, Feb 1, 2007.

1. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

I was backing up some of my data and was burning at 16X for over 8 - 10 times (disc after disc)but after 6-8th time it started to fail the data check at the end of the data writing process in Nero. But finaly I kinda cought on to it and slowed down the writting speed to 12 or 10x (cant remember which)and it did ok (it passed the data check).

So what do think, did I burn at the highest speed for too long or do I need a new burner to burn over 8 or more disc in one session.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

burning at 16x depends on your burner and your media. the rule here is to burn at half the rated speed of your media. but if you media is of good quality then you should be able to burn at 16x with no problem. I use Taiyo Yuden and they never failed me. Although I don't burn at 16x and I like the Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+Rs the best... at least these disk are favored in my burners. and I burn these at 8x. flawless.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Might just be a heat issue. Just as I don't stack my HDs right on top of each other I also leave a space between the opticals. With that many burns in a row your burner will get hot.

4. AndreL

AndreL Regular member

I use Verbatium