1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burnin blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by JON69, Mar 15, 2007.

1. JON69

JON69 Guest

i cant burn blu ray discs using any programs .the drive doesnt even reconize that their is a disc in the drive

2. jozza321

jozza321 Regular member

Does your disc drive even read blu-ray ??? you have to buy a drive that can read blu-ray.

Jozza321

3. JON69

JON69 Guest

thank you for info

4. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

it's now not the good time to think about burning blue ray disc..player alone already cost $1499 aud and i just imagine that how much it got cost for blue ray burner and also blank blue ray disc..jesus christ,i could not believe that they try to make us harder and harder every year about the upgrade that they done now and i don't know what they go release in the next few year..

5. JON69

JON69 Guest

true i cant even do hd either wont reconize disc in drive

6. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea blu ray is a whole different disc and the buners are gonna be like $1000 once they come out. maybe in the future theyll be less expensive. hopefully

7. tru5t

tru5t Member

from what i see at newegg, the BD burners are ~$500-700 today (04.04.07).

8. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea thats still pretty expensive. But i cant wait till the prices of blu ray players and burners go down. Im gonna have to get one. Theyll probably have more copyright protection though. i guess well see in the future.

9. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

loool; dude; that would be one hell of a loss if you got a pack of coasters!!lol.

10. howy_2005

howy_2005 Member

you need a seperate drive for that, too

11. amigaman2

amigaman2 Guest

Right now with the cost of a blank blu-ray 25/50GB disk, it's still a better deal to buy the movie at a good discount. Not to mention the price of a blu-ray burner and the high possibility of just 1 bad burn.

This is just for the media alone:
    25GB write once or read/write from $18+
    50GB write once from $30+

*** Good deal on a blu-ray movie $20 (no brainer)

So what are we really trying to save on?

Okay, so our only fall back is to burn a blu-ray movie to several DL DVD's. So we search for a program that will allow us to split across multiple DL disks in full HD quality at about a $1 or $2 a disk. Remember, we're on the bleeding edge of technology for those of us brave to venture out.

12. sam1dog

sam1dog Regular member

Well said

13. amigaman2

amigaman2 Guest

Thanks "sam1dog". Here is more food for thought and something I jumped all over. Someone posted that Amazon was offering a 50% off on Blu-ray movies. I checked and that offer isn't current anymore, but they were offering upto 33% off on most Blu-ray movies, which is a pretty good deal on some decent movies that would end up costing $20.

I checked back just recently and it looks like they have another good deal. If you buy 2 Blu-ray movies you can get a 3rd movie for free (the lesser valued one), but you must pick from their select list of Blu-ray titles. I found 6 titles that I wanted and got $40 off on 6 titles which dropped my cost per movie to around $16.67 per Blu-ray movie! How do you beat that!

My thoughts on this so far is, if I can buy a Blu-ray movie title for
    around $20 (discounted) which will play full digital audio, what's the value in trying to "copy" a blu-ray movie to a standard DL DVD which gives me the video quality but the audio is 2 channels?

So right now, the pricing of discounted retail Blu-ray movies are cheaper and a better value than paying as much or more for a Blu-ray "blank"! That's a hard cold fact! You do the math.

It's clear to me, as long the Blu-ray media is costing $18 and up, buying the actual movie is a better value and you enjoy FULL DIGITAL AUDIO and you get the fancy box to boot!