1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning .000 files

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Giher, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Giher

Giher Member

Hi,

I've just downloaded gears of war (I have the original game too) so I have a backup of it. It is a folder with a bunch of .000 files, like dnl-gow.034. I was figuring out on how to burn them, so I tried to extract them with winrar. I opened them with winrar and suddenly it changed from dnl-gow.001 to dnl-gow. I renamed the file back to dnl-gow.001. Does it still work, or did I f*ck it up by opening it with winrar and it changed to dnl-gow? And I've read that it has to be a .dvd file to be able to burn it. How do I make the bunch of .000 files into a .dvd file?

Thanks in advance

Edit:
    When I open dnl-gow.001 with winrar, I only see a file that is named IMAGE.000,but no .DVD file. But when I open a new .000 file, like dnl-gow.043, it does contain a .dvd file with a image.000 file.

Edit 2:
    I tried extracting the image.000 file, after like 3 minutes I get a message saying The following volume is needed to continue extracting:
    C:\Downloads\Gears.of.War.PAL.XBOX360-DNL\dnl-gow.001.002

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Member

if you have files of dnl-gow.001 to how ever many i believe that is a series of files t obe complied into one. First I would attempt to use Winrar to Unrar all of the files into one. If that doesnt work. I know people will use HJSPLIT to break their files. Generally the extension for HJSPLIT files is .001 and up. But if you have a compelte file (Like 7 gigs) you should also have a .dvd file that is very small in size. You just burn it with clonecd or image burn.

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

just extract it normally when it is done there will be a .dvd file. i thought this too, but when it is done the file is there.

4. Giher

Giher Member

Sorry that I didn't keep this topic updated, I just changed the layerbreak in imgburn and burned the IMAGE.000 file and it works perfectly. Thanks guys

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

glad you got eveything sorted out.

6. lollywood

lollywood Member

hi - how to you actually extract dnl files so that i can burn the xbox 360 game onto dvd dl . can someone point me in the right direction. i am fairly new to the xbox 360 scene. i have all the dnl files but i do not know how to extraxt them .do i double click on a file or right click to extract - please can some one help . thanks