1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning 2movies done with dvdshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by coolshack, Mar 29, 2004.

1. coolshack

coolshack Member

I need a little help with this if some of you smart people out there can help,lets say you have converted 2 movies that are below the 4.7gb space of a blank dvd disk,is it possable to burn both movies to the same disk,having problems with when it burns the first movie it finalized it and that is it.is there a way to leave the disk open like burning in sessions so you can put the second movie on there as well.If so let me know and what software to us.im using nero 6,any help would be appreciated.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi coolshack,

Once you burn the first movie you cannot burn another on the same dsc. You need to make a compilation of both movies before burning.

Back-up both movies onto your hard drive. Next, using the DVD compilation feature while in the re-author mode, browse for the first movie and add the main title to the DVD compilation window on the left. Do the same for the second movie. Selecting Back-up will now assemble a compliant compilation and send it to the destination of your choice.

The size available on a blank disc is 4.36 GB.

Back-up the main titles only, remove the sub-pictures and keep only one audio track. Use the preview window (Rt click on it) to listen to the different tracks. Tick the corresponding box and untick the rest.

You will not have functioning menus so leave them out as well.

Use the deep analysis feature while backing up each movie to improve the quality.

This is one method using Shrink, it can be done in a similar fashion with other programs. Nero Recode for example.

Cheers,
    Frank

3. grogey

grogey Guest

Thanks for the info on compilations...... I've been stashing away any music video files on my dvds and intended making a music video dvd when I gather enough together.

Now I even know how to do it! :)

4. zumogo

zumogo Guest