1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning 360 game

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by thegame82, Jun 19, 2007.

1. thegame82

thegame82 Guest

Hi all i just burn my first game and it say disk need to be clean. I burn the dvd file. Can Someone help me please?

2. dabundan

dabundan Regular member

is your xbox flashed?

if so, reburn, congrats, you have a coaster. remember to set the layer break to 1913760

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Read the threads at the top and make sure your doing it right. And also make sure you are using QUALITY MEDIA!

If all that is correct then post up some specific stuff so people can actually help you.
    1. what brand DVD
    2. what program are you burning with
    3. what firmware are you running
    4. what speed did you burn at
    5. did you check the image to see if it wass stealth patched
    6. what DVD drive does your 360 have

4. et_perth

et_perth Member

Hi, I have the same problem. My machine was modded as well.
    I used TDK DL DVD+R
    I used CloneDVD
    Not sure what firmware, how can I check?
    I burnt at 2.4x
    How do I check whether it was stealth patched?
    I have a toshiba-samsung drive.

Please help!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

sure you do not mean CloneCD? CloneDVD is for making movies not games. Personally i always use IMGburn V2.1 and i have yet to make a coaster. Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 has an image tool that you can use to check each ISO to see if it is stealth or not, and if not you can get the files and use it to inject them into the image so that it is stealth.

Not sure how to check your firmware but if you make the image correctly on your disc it should not matter.
    1. it should always be stealth
    2. if you can you should always set your burner to booktype all DVD+_R and DVD+R DL to DVD-Rom.

If you do those two thing it should pretty much play on any firmware out there right now.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/
    for more detailed burning proceedures chek the link above.

6. et_perth

et_perth Member

Thanks Steimy, I burnt the game using clonecd and still has the same issue, but I shall explore the option you presented and check the disc whether it is stealth or not.

I will let you know if I still have problem. Thanks for your help!

7. et_perth

et_perth Member

Hi Steimy, I checked the game iso using xbox backup creator and the stealth check passed. Can you tell me how do I set booktype for my DVD? I have a Pioneer 110D.

Also I dont know what firmware my xbox 360 is, but it is modded and I can play some backup games which I purchased. If it is not ixtreme, is there a problem?

8. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

pioneer 110D already sets booktype to dvd-r so you are good to go in that sense

well not having ixtreme isnt that big of a problem. ixtreme is a firmware that "hides" you from xbox live in the sense that xbox live cannt tell that you have a modified firmware. as of right now, it seems to be working, but xbox will probably find a way to catch that.

9. et_perth

et_perth Member

I tried backing up the iso again, and still have the same problem, I can tell my xbox 360 is having a hard time reading the dvd and eventually gives up and says the disc is dirty and needs cleaning.

Perhaps it's the brand of dvd+r I m using (TDK)?

10. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

try verbatim. if you get dirty disc error, then youll at least know that it isnt the dvd