1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning 360 Games - SOP Many Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dac90, Dec 12, 2007.

1. dac90

dac90 Member

Ok, I'm a newbie at this, and I have a few questions:

1. According to Xbox Backup Creator, my DVDRW Drive is: TSSTCorp CD/DVDW SH-S182F SB02. Will this writer be able to rip the 360 games CDs? I know it is DL compatible.

2. What exactly are patched ISOs (meaning, are they the ones with SS.bin, files already)? Can I use XBC to patch unpatched ones?

3. If I want to copy a already Backed up 360 game (from a DLDVD), how do I do it? Can I use IMGburn?

4. Will the AONE DL DVD+R discs be ok to use?

5. Suppose I have an ISO, that I downloaded from rapidshare, should I just use IMGburn to burn it (after correcting layer break to 1913760, at 2x)?

6. Can a modded 360 run DVD (not DL) xbox1 backups?

Thanks in advance, I would appreciate any help you can provide me.

Btw, I'm confused because there are so many different tutorials on this, I'm not sure which one to use. They have diff. methods.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

ask your questions in the search bar above, as all of them have been asked and answered several times.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

1. According to Xbox Backup Creator, my DVDRW Drive is: TSSTCorp CD/DVDW SH-S182F SB02. Will this writer be able to rip the 360 games CDs? I know it is DL compatible.
    only drives i kow that can directly rip original discs are the
    sh-d162d (IDE) and the sh-d163b (SATA) Flashed with Kreon firmware.

2. What exactly are patched ISOs (meaning, are they the ones with SS.bin, files already)? Can I use XBC to patch unpatched ones?
    Usually they are talking about stealth patching (SS<DMI<PFI) which is needed and you would never want to unpatch them. If you do need to patch them DVDmulleter, XBC or Schtrom can do it.

3. If I want to copy a already Backed up 360 game (from a DLDVD), how do I do it? Can I use IMGburn?
    Yes, once it has been backed up to disc you can just copy that disc like you would any other, i persoannly use Nero but any program that can back up DVD9 (dual layer) will work.

4. Will the AONE DL DVD+R discs be ok to use?
    I think i have heard of people having success with those. Only real way to tell the quality of your discs is by running a program to check them.

5. Suppose I have an ISO, that I downloaded from rapidshare, should I just use IMGburn to burn it (after correcting layer break to 1913760, at 2x)?
    Yes, if all you have is the ISO file then you set the layer break manually and then burn it. If you get the .DVD anf .ISO files then you would burn the .DVD file because that would contain the layer break, so you would not need to set it manually.

6. Can a modded 360 run DVD (not DL) xbox1 backups?
    Yes, if made the correct way. And if the game is on the backwards compatibility list

I answered your questions to be nice but the above is correct, you could have found all of these answers either by searching or in the big bold threads at the top of this page.

4. dac90

dac90 Member

Sorry, I'm confused, thats y i asked!

5. dac90

dac90 Member

Thanks a bunch Steimy!!! Really clears things up. Can you please give me a link to a tutorial, or explain to me what you meant by "made in the correct way" in the xbox1 question? I understand that it must be in the list, but how exactly do you make a proper xbox1 dvd to run on the 360?

Thanks so much for your help....

6. steimy

steimy Active member

having both an Xbox and a 360 i have never had to do it. But i am pretty sure that you can use one of the Samsung drives i mentioned (same as for the 360) and Xbox Backup Creator. I think the process is the same and i am pretty sure there is an option on XBC for doing either Xbox or Xbox 360 back ups.