1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning 360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by DimeScion, Nov 28, 2007.

1. DimeScion

DimeScion Guest

I have a few questions about the burning process

1#
    Do I need to have iextreme firmware, and if I dont what will or will i not need to do when I burn games

2#
    How do I tell if I have iextreme firmware in the first place.

3#
    my two earlier burned memorex dvd+r dl gave me a message when I put it in my xbox 360 it said something along the line of "you need to put it in an xbox 360" in several different languages what does this mean? and how do I get them to work?

4#
    I have one memorex dvd+r dl left, what are the chances of it working even in I burn it correctly.

5#
    what exactly is stealth patching, xdvdmulleter, and Iextreme firmware

6#
    How do I tell if my xbox 360 has a hitachi drive.

2. DimeScion

DimeScion Guest

Sorry I posted this then realized it was a bit too demanding. What I really need is to learn how to figure out exactly what kind of xbox 360 I have then find a burning process that fits it. So I geuss that's just my biggest two questions.

3. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

1. When you burn backups, you will need to either have you drive flashed with the iextreme firmware, or have a mod chip installed which allows backups to be played on your 360.

2. Test to see if a backup works, also check to see if your warranty sticker is still in place, if it is, then you don't have it.

3. Games will usually say this when put into a dvd player liek on your computer or so, or if the xbox does not read them as games. So first off they are burned bad (not as xbox 360 games) and in order for them to work, you would need to burn them correctly, and have either your drive flashed or modded with a chip.

4. It might work, but almost no one uses memorex for burning backups. Almost everyone uses verbatims because they are the best quality that you can get and will extend the like of your 360's laser.

5. Stealth patching a game is making a backup copy of a game "stealth" so that it can be played undetected on Xbox live. xdvdmulleter is a program that can check if a game is stealth patched. Ixtreme firmware is the firmware that you flash your dvd drive in your 360 in order to play backup games.

6.Open it up and look

4. steimy

steimy Active member