1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning 4 dvd's into one dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sunnyd36, Sep 19, 2004.

1. sunnyd36

sunnyd36 Member

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me. I been thinking of burning my collection of Family Guy into single DVD's. They come in two boxsets where 1 boxset contains 4 dvd's. My plan is to put 1 boxset into 1 dvd.
    I was looking at the features of DVD Shrink and the Re-author option but I am not too familiar with it for this plan. I have put these 4 dvd's onto my hard drive using DVD Decryptor and now wish to shrink them to fit into a 4.7GB DVD. Is there a way to do this so that I can have the menus working as well? If so, can anyone give me a step by step solution? Also, would I need any more programs other than Shrink, Decrypter, Nero??
    Your thoughts and points are greatly appreciated.
    I apologize if this question is repetitive.

2. john179

john179 Active member

Your best off using shrink to compress and then a dvd authoring software like tmpgenc to put all movies to one disc.I would advise against 4 dvd's to one though the quality will be no where near the same as the originals as that is to much to put on one disc unless it is a duel layer disc you plan to put it on.

3. sunnyd36

sunnyd36 Member

yes i will try that TMPGenc software, thank you.
    I agree that the quality of the movie will diminish when putting 4 episode dvd's into 1, but its only cartoon so i am hoping it will not be so bad.
    I will give it a shot, and will post my success/failure :)

4. john179

john179 Active member

Hope all goes ok for you mate

5. sunnyd36

sunnyd36 Member

i have opened TMPGEnc but i am not sure how to use it. I was looking through the guides here but it doesnt really give me clear step by step process after using Shrink.
    Can anyone direct me to some better instructions?
    Thanks