1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning 798 Mb on a 700 Mb CDr !!!!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by zamsak, Apr 1, 2003.

1. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Hey Guys

You must have noticed that in a 700Mb CDr you can burn 798 Mb on a VCD format but can only burn 701 Mb on a normal data CD. Well it creates something called as a 'CD-RTOS CD-BRIDGE'(Nero). With this you can burn more than 700 Mb on a 700 Mb CDr. Is there any way we can copy this bridge on a normal CDr or something. I have tried a program called as 'Mode2CDMaker'. But it didn't run on my computer. Anybody knows the link or anybody knows a better software through which this problem can be solved. Please help me

Zamsak

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is a well know issue. Mode2Form2 (VCD) fits 2324 bytes each sector (instead of 2048 bytes/sector), with a net gain of about 13%. This applies to Video data and to RAWimages as well.

In order to suggest you what to do, you should tell us which kind of data do you have? (a CD to copy, a .NRG or .BIN image? MPEG data files?).

If you have a CD, simply choose 'Copy CD'. If you have an image file, the command File--> Burn Image will do the job. If you have MPEG data, the command New--> Video CD should work.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  3. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Well I want to burn self extacting EXE files on a CD by choosing (Nero)File>New Compilation>CD-ROM(ISO). But I shoulf be able to stuff 798MB on this type of compilation.

Also I am not able to check my private messages. I log and it says "Welcome back..." and then when I click on private messages it says you need to log in first. I tried logout and login again. My cookies are enabled. Please help me

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

CD-ROM (ISO) mode can fit only 700 MB on 80 min CD. Only Video data, such as MPG, can be burned in Mode2Form2 mode. This because Video data does not need error correction, File executable need error correction and therefore occupy more space (you can save them either in MODE1 or MODE2 Form1 which take more disk space, the wekll known limit of 700 MB).

If you have only MPEGs on the self-extracting EXE, then you could extract the files and then save the MPEGs only.

5. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Thanks.

I am not able to view my private messages!! What is the problem?