1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a 2 1/2 dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cm223322, Mar 17, 2004.

1. cm223322

cm223322 Member

very new at this, read most off the threads but wondering how to copy a dvd that is over the 120 minute limit on the current blank dvd-r. using dvd shrink and nero to burn. do in need to use dvd decoder first?

Thank for the help.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Try this link and no you do not have to use DVD decoder: I think you meant DVDDecrypter and no you do not have to use this unless you get a DVD Shrink can not decrypt.
    This link tells you how to use DVDShrink:

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

DVD Shrink can both decrypt and compress your movie. Then you can use DVD Decrypter to burn your movie to a disc. All for free!
    Car.Mike I'm pretty sure you meant to say "unless you get a movie DVD Shrink can not decrypt." Right?

Cheers,
    Frank

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there cm223322,

Don't concern yourself with a time limit. When you compress a DVD you also effect it's time - It's not unusual to have a movie well over 2 hours long and get it on a single DVD.

Using a DVD Shrink and a different program, DVD2One, I've burned 4 DVD-5 movies (over 5 hours long) and 3 DVD-9 movies using just DVD Shrink - again about 5 to 5-1/2 hours of film (these were just movies only, no extras or trailers :p)

In other words there little Buddy, "Have at it :D)"

and Welcome to the Club -

Pete

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

fasfrank,
    You are correct, I just had a Mental lapse.

6. cm223322

cm223322 Member

Ok, I am trying to buckup a 3 dvd step of Pilates Dvds for my girl friend. Two are 30minutes and one 57 minutes. i backed up all of them to my desktop but when i try to burn in nero they dont fit on a dvdr. is there any way to compress them more that shrink already did besides removing some of the features? Also in nero if i am trying to put three dvds on a single dvdr, do i make seperate audio and video folders for each dvd or add all the files to the existing audio and video folders in nero. will they play right after eachother or will i be able to select individually.

Thanks Again, ill also reminder you again very new at this.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

hi again cm223322,

If you have a bunch of odd folders you want to put on a disc, just use Shrink in the re-author mode.

Use the browser to locate your video folders. Select the folder and then drag the title to the compilation window on the left. Repeat until you get all your different titles in order in the compilation window.

Select back-up and Shrink will take all the titles, compress as needed and put them in a neat new folder ready for burning, or use the auto-burn feature with your Nero.

Another way to do the same thing is to use Nero Recode 2. Very similar, just browse and select folders, creating a compilation. Once completed, burn the disc.

Cheers,
    Frank

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

cm223322,

If by chance you're going to do a lot of stuff like this, look into DVD2One - it has a join mode and is so easy to do you can be 1/2 asleep and still do it -:)

"P"