1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a 2cd SVCD to DVD Format Using DVD-R Media

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dravidham, Nov 12, 2004.

1. dravidham

dravidham Member

Hi All,

I have a movie on my pc that is presently in SVCD format (listed as 2 seperate CDs)that I would like to burn onto a single blank DVD-R which will be compatible with my non SVCD compliant home DVD player.

The software that I generally use for making a DVD format disks from .iso, .bin/.cue and .vob files is:

DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15
    DVD Decriptor V3.5.0.0
    Nero Reloaded v6.6.0.0

I have never had a problem with these three programmes - they work like a dream with 1:1 backup of non SVCD formats.

Could anybody advise me if:-

1. I need to 'join' the 2 cd's together as an image file prior to playing with nero to burn them.

2. Is just Nero it's self upto the task of joining them and burning both SVCD CD files, or do I need to get hold of some different software - I would prefer to stick with Nero if at all possible.

Hope to hear from some of you.

Cheers,

Dave.

2. dravidham

dravidham Member

Some1 please help!! - after spending 5 evenings struggling with this, I'm starting to feel like throwing this computer out of the nearest window that it will fit through. If I did that, It would take me quite a while to save up for a new machine once I calmed down though, so i think i'll hold out on that idea for a while longer... :)

I've looked at length at guides here and elsewhere, but I just can't seem to grasp the technique.

Have downloaded ISO Buster, DVD Lab,TMPGE... etc, you name it...but I am still failing.

What do I do? - I'm not bothered about menus, etc - just about getting this thing onto a DVD-R to play away from the p.c on a stand alone player.

If any of you can halp me with this 1, I would be very, very, very grateful.

Thanks,

Dave.

3. marc65

marc65 Member

Hello I have a question regarding vision express 3.
    I import 2 vcd discs, merge them create menus etc.. I then either burn to DVD directly or make a folder and then burn DVD with either Nero or Nero express with that folder. No matter which way I do it the disc plays in my computer using any DVD player software. They will not play on a stand alone player? I have tried different brand of media