1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a 360 Backup: what driver what media?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Loochy323, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

I'm on a mac and I've gotten iBurn which can burn 360 backups. Now the only thing is can my computer's burner do it?

I have a Matshita DVD-R UJ-845, will that work? And lastly what media should I use? I've always heard to use verbatim. I was thinking of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130008

But if anyone has burned with a cheaper alternative that'd be great to. Thanks for the help. AD4Life!!!!

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

em your burner wont do, not sure is it supports dual layer burnng but the drive is a -r and it has to burn verbatim +r disks so you need an external burner or a new dual layer burner that supports + and -r disks and dual layer burning. Hope this helps, also ebay is a good source for cheap verbs, plus the work real nice :)

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

look at this info on your drive,

UJ-835-B

3x Speed DVD-RAM Writing
    8x Speed DVD-R Writing
    4x Speed DVD-RW Writing
    8x Speed DVD+R Writing
    4x Speed DVD+RW Writing
    24x Speed CD-R Writing
    10x Speed CD-RW Writing
    24x Speed CD-ROM Reading
    12x Speed DVD-ROM Reading
    Buffer Under Run Protection
    DVD MULTI Read/Write Support
    Slot Loading
    Replaces models UJ-825-B and UJ-815-B
    Windows and MAC OS supported
    *Now shipping

UJ-845-B

All of the above
    4x DVD+R DL )8.5GB Dual Layer)
    *Available in Feb-March

as i see and understand you drive should work, the 835 is -r only but the 845 is +r as well.
    as i have learned, you need to use the verbs because cheaper media is harder on the laser in the drive.
    the only concern i have would be the iburn program as i know nothing about macs or software for them, i am the proud owner of 3 pc's but if it will let you set a layer break i dont see why it wouldnt.
    maybe someone else on here will have more info on iburn.

4. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

fudpucker that'd really helped thanks. and thanks stephen for your input. I should've looked online for info on my burner, my bad. Yea basically iburn 360 lets you set the layer break and has supposedly worked for other ppl. so im pretty sure its legit. thanks