1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a dvd movie that will play on a playstion 2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by leesh, Mar 18, 2005.

1. leesh

leesh Member

are there any settings i need to be made aware of?

ive jsut shrunk a dvd with dvd shrink, now i wanna burn the dvd. can i get it to play on my ps2? im using nero 6

cheers

2. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Im sure dvds, including dvd backups work on ps2, but i dont have a ps2 so i cant really say

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Playstation 2's playing dvdr's? I hope you mean movies and not games.
    Some of them seem to play dash format only. The 4 or 5 ps2's I play them on,will play my Plus r's with no trouble.

Keep the burn speed slow,4x or lower.
    Use quality media-better playability
    Keep the backup target around 4300-4360 mbs.
    No Paper-sticker type labels
    No multi-tasking-dvd shrink will use 100% of your processor.
    Dual format burner is handy to find out if your ps2 favors the dash or plus format-more flexibility.

Dvd shrink and nero 6.0.0.21b do the majority of my backups.

Ps2's are like stand alone dvd players,certain ones can have problems reading dvdr's,some will play everything. The variations of burner quality also can reflect on playability.

"are there any settings i need to be made aware of?"

Open up dvd shrink/edit/preferences-file I/O tab-tick enable burn with nero. Also while you are there,click preferences/change dvd-5 to custom/enter 4360 mbs.This will keep the burn from reaching the edge of the disc.

Get some rw's to practice on.
    Start by doing main-movie only,till you get the hang of it. The more you compress,issues may arise. Again,the quality media will help out on a lot of playback issues.

Some burners have an option to booktype dvd +r discs to dvd-rom. This allows better compatability on stand alone players.

4. leesh

leesh Member

everythin went ok, just burnt it as normal usin nero. didnt have time to wait for replys. i cant tell the diff between the backed up and the original. even tho the original dvd was 7.5 gb. the dvd was tiesto in concert 2004. i took out the 5.1 dolby (was 500 mb).