1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a dvd off a burnt dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BFD1980, Jan 11, 2005.

1. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

Hi i have Bourne Supremacy on a already burnt dvd but the problem is it won't play in my dvd player just my computer so i was trying to copy off the disc but it stops bout 42% through and won't finish is there something im not doiing righ?? i am usin dvd shrink and nero to burn but i have also been reading some posts and there was stuff with vobblanker and dycrypter aswell..any help woould rock thanks..

2. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

I used VOB Blanker to copy Bourne Supremacy from the origional. I use straight Nero 6.6.3 to make copy's of the first one I made with no problems.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

To copy an already burnt copy of Bourne - since it's already decrypted use Nero's "Express", "Copy DVD" and copy the disc, on the fly, no HD space needed :)

4. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

Sweet i'll try that and let ya know if it turns out..Thanks

5. ejhoefli

ejhoefli Member

All the dvds I have copied play on my computer however some do not play on my dvd player. From what I understand it might have something to do with type of brand used for the dvd-R disc and also the speed at which I burned it.....if I were to use Nero Express to duplicate the already decrypted/shrunk dvd onto a higher quality DVD-R at a slower speed (2x) should that get rid of the problems (cheap media/burned too fast) or do I need to go back to the start and take the original and shrink/dectypt it......thanks for any help/advice!!!!!!!

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ejhoefli,

Burning speed has nothing to do with playing discs.

It's my thought that your player is so old it cannot play your discs.

Cyber-Home is a crappy, el Cheapo player and will play dirty dinner dishes and probably all of your burned discs.

You might check your player out here to see if a change of discs from +R's to -R's would help. Also, use old discs, i.e. 2.4X or at most 4X discs. I'd bet that trying 8X discs won't work at all -

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Cheers,

Pete :)

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

All though burning speed has nothing to do with playing disk's it does have something to do with the quality of the disk you produce from your computer, so the burning speed does matter. You will have less mistakes on your DVD's and better cahnce of good quality burns which in turn will play better in your player.

Correct me if I am wrong Pete :)

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

BB,

It does in fact have a bearing on burning errors BUT by changing his burning speed,for the task he has stated -
    His files are not at issue here. They play all right on his PC, they do not play on his player. He hasn't stated there are "skips," "freezes," etc, they just, plain and simple do not play. That was what he has stated. Changing burning speed will not allow the player to "see" the disc. Changing the quality of disc will have an effect if he's using crappy media as will changing from +R to -R discs. It looks like a compatibility issue not an issue with errors.

Secondly, burning is still burning. Taking the files and putting them to disc. No matter at what speed the quality won't be affected. Again, errors have a lesser chance of occurring when a slower speed is employed BUT quality will in no way be affected. The quality has to do with the encoding, whether it was done slowly, done once or twice or just once but however it is burned to disc won't have anything to do with it's existing quality -

Wouldn't it be nice though if it were true ? One could save a ton "O" time by encoding once quickly, then by burning a little slower. Trading 1 hour's worth o encoding for 3 or 4 minutes worth of burning speed ?

Please don't add this to your guides -

Cheers,

Pete

9. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

Hey Scuba i just burnt the disc like you said it worked like a champ thanks for the words of wis my man tanks for your help..

10. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

Haha alright nevermind with that last post it sorta worked but about 40 min into the movie it went to the special feature menu when the movie is finished i think i need to just redo the the whole thing from a m master disc. but thanks for the help again

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Good plan . . . .

Report back when you're finished . . . .

Pete :p)