1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a dvd that is bigger than 4.7 GB

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sbbunny, Jan 5, 2004.

1. sbbunny

sbbunny Member

I downloaded the dvd decoder, 3.1.9.0 version, and it works great to burn movies that are less than 4.7 gb. However, most of my movies I want to back up are larger than 4.7 gb. I would like to learn how to burn these movies. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. mfurj

mfurj Member

Tricia
    Try DVD Shrink, you'll love it. It will compress a 9 to fit a 5 or you can reauthor and strip out extras and reduce or eliminate compression

3. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

are there any compromises when you reauthor?

4. mfurj

mfurj Member

I'm not sure what you mean by compomises but I haven't found a way to keep the menus in tact when you reauthor. There is a lot of control in that you can even play with the start and end points to create a little more room thus less compression.

5. Buik

Buik Regular member

mfurj, when you re-author, all you get is the movie. No need for the menu's, right?

Now if you want to save all the content on the disc, then just shrink it without re-author. Then the menu would be needed.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Stretch the cash. Bargain hunting. System is not static.[/small]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004