1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a gameshark 2 version 3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Oct 27, 2003.

1. account

account Guest

can it be done i have tried on clone cd, cdrwin, nero, and ummm some other one my friend told me about and they all screwed up it says that the data cannon be read or some shit like that what am i doing wrong or is it impossible to burn a working copy of a gameshark?

2. account

account Guest

can someone help? im really confused with this.

3. account

account Guest

holy shit i got a working copy of my gameshark 2 versoin 3!!! it works fine. I managed to bypass all the bad sectors

4. schranzer

schranzer Member

ofcourse

5. simis69

simis69 Member

i heard that the were made by pressing the cd out and burners can't phsically burn it, but if it work tell how you got throught the bad sectors

6. matt_a_s

matt_a_s Member

account, how were you able to burn a copy of gameshark 2 version 3? I've been having the same intial problems that you were having before. What burning software did you use? Are there any settings that you need to change within the software?

7. account

account Guest

ok all i did was go into the cd by going into my cpu and draging all the files into a a folder then open cdgen and drar the files into there and make the .bin and .cue file then just burn iti used fireburner.

if it doesn't work tell me and i might have be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2003
  8. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

too bad that method wouldn't work with the swap magic discs...hehe..

9. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

There is no way you have a working backup of a GS WITHOUT a modchip. If you have a modchip then it will boot like any other backup if you do not then it will not boot.

10. account

account Guest

i use my fliptop case and my swap discs. i never said i didn't have a chip, i said i couldn't get it to burn and i found a way on how to burn it.

and it does work with swap magic dics

11. Oner

Now that I re- read my reply it aseems "angry" lol it wasn't meant to be. It's just the way it was explained (your message) comes off as it's a working backup without a mod of some sort (chip or swap magic). As simis69, matt_a_s, Wulfie66 and myself seem to have mis-understood by the replies we put.

A straight copy would have worked with CloneCD too.

12. account

account Guest

i tried clonecd too it keeps freezing at 4% and i now that i read my posts i never did say i had a chip

13. telo

telo Guest

For future references... use Alcohol 120% or CloneCD... they will "look" like they froze... but they are just analizing the bad sectors until they just skip them... its an old security measure... started back in the days of PSOne games.

14. matt_a_s

matt_a_s Member

telo, I've tried using cloneCD to burn gameshark 2 v.3. However, it kept anaylzing those bad sectors for over 15 minutes. I decided to give up after that. Should I just let it keep running as it is? Should I also change any of the settings.

15. account

account Guest

ya it took forever for me too when using clone cd and i too just gave up you could either wait a while with clone cd or alcohol 120% or you can try y way it doesn't take long at all and it works perfectly

16. yaoming11

yaoming11 Guest

Where did you guy download gameshark 2 at.

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

18. Oner

Referee ruling.......I'll alow it, because it does not have a direct download link. But that is as far as "helping" can go.