1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a ISO file into the DVD-R

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by compy168, Sep 12, 2004.

1. compy168

compy168 Member

Hi All,
    I've wasted a lot of the DVD-R already. I've downloaded a xxxxx.iso file. I use xISO to "make a xISO" and rename it to xxxxx.iso. Then I use TMPGEnc DVD Author "ISO to DVD" to burn the xxxxx.iso image into the DVD-R. I think the burning is fine since I can use the xcommander to read the content of the DVD-R which has the xxxxx.iso in it. But I can't start the game. The other games that I have in the hard drive has a lot more files like default.xbe, etc. The question is do I have to extract the xxxxx.iso file before I burn? What did I do wrong? Pls help!

Thanks!

2. debs182

debs182 Member

You need to extract the iso file first, then what i do is right click on the iso file and open it with nero, and just burn to dvd-r. I've used tempeg for burning iso files aswell but i've also had problems with games not working which is why i use nero now! If it still does'nt work re-download the file and open it with nero again, this has worked for me on a few occasions.

3. compy168

compy168 Member

When I extract the xxxx.iso file with using Craxtion, I got some .xbe files and a media folder. I burn all of them into a DVD-R with using Nero (ISO). The XBOX can't read it. So when you burn the .iso file, what files did u read from the DVD in the XBOX? xxxx.iso and some .xbe files and a media folder? Pls help. Thanks!

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

There is no need to extract the iso before you burn it. The only reason you would extract the iso is to patch the xbe files, or remove some content to reduce the image size.

If you extract the iso then REBUILD it. Your xbox will read it better than data. Rebuild it with qwix or craxtion.

Open nero, choose open, choose all images, choose your iso, dont change anything else, burn it. and all should be well.

5. compy168

compy168 Member

Hi Clarky,

Thanks for the info, I will give a try tonight. Hopefully it will work this time. I have couple more questions. How can I burn the emulator and the roms into a DVD in order for the XBOX to recognize it? For the xxx.iso image games. If I ftp it to the hard drive, do I have to extract it first?

Thanks a lot!

6. pooni

pooni Member

Can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to burn an xbox that i downloaded from the net? The file I downloaded has like 31 iso files in it, but there all the same. I used Daemeon tools to see if the iso files are corrput and each one seems to be corrupt using Daemeon Tools. What am i doing wrong???

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

you are downloading games from the net!! thats what you are doing wrong.. we dont discuss that here.