1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a playable drd-r ps2 game

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rowdan, Oct 19, 2004.

1. rowdan

rowdan Member

OK im trying to figure out how to burn a ps2 game that will actually load from either the memcard exploit or my swap magic disk.

I used nero and a cople of diferent programs to burn them and i used the swap magic disk with my mod chip but every disk i burn wont actually load in my ps2.

am i missing some thing?

also i read some where that the system file has to be at LBA 12231, is that true with dvd games or just cd games?

I usally use nero to burn and have had no problem with any of my psx games.

is there any diference in how i get the ISO/ image file? i have been trying to use the hdloader to rip to the ps2 harddrive and then pluging it in to my pc and winhiip to convert to iso.

would it be beter if i try useing nero to do a disk copy?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Why are you doing that?!?! just use nero or dvd decrypter.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  3. rowdan

rowdan Member

ok so if i use nero i can do disk copy or image maker and then burn the image later is that correct?

also is there any special settings i need to make or would i need to use some thing like "any dvd"?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

just use disc to disc copy with nero or with dvd decrypter mode>iso>read to create an image file then mode>iso>write to burn to dvdr

5. rowdan

rowdan Member

Ok I have done that but still no luck.

i am trying to get "The Simpsons Hit And Run" copied, i used nero to make image and nero again to burn it i then used my "Swap Magic DVD Version 2.0" that is less then one week old and same thing, after swaping out and hiting x to start it spins up then it turns the background pink and does not go any further.

Im downloading "DVD Decrypter" in the mean time to see if that works for me, is there any version or nero or decryptor that won't work or is any of the newer versions ok?

Also i have used my "Swap Magic DVD Version 2.0" to load "Resident Evil Outbreak" but res evil was on diferent media, is it posable that the dvd-r im useing might be the problem? is there any media that is recomended?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

media could be the problem, i recommend ritek. A ton of people have had trouble with simpson's hit and run, you just picked a bad one to try.

7. rowdan

rowdan Member

Ya i was playing this one for like four hours straight runing it from HDLoader then the next day i saw the save file corupts on save when runing from HDLoader, now iv been tryiong to get the disk to work.....

8. rowdan

rowdan Member

Ok i just install dvd decryptor, is there any special setting i need to observe when reading or writeing iso?

also is there a big diference between dvd-r and dvd+r one better to use then the other?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Rowdan
    PS2 V4, Nero, HDLoader, memcard exploit[/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  9. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

Just make sure that you burn at the lowest possible speed (1x). I recommend using DVD-R. That is what I use and I have had no problems. I backed up the simpsons hit & run for my daughter and it works perfectly.

10. ev1l

ev1l Guest

how come you have to burn a ps2 dvd r at 1% that will take hours

11. ev1l

ev1l Guest

To Get Done

12. rowdan

rowdan Member

Ok i went out and bought some "philips dvd-r" disk they were about $3 per disk (ouch) luckily i found a 10 pack instead of the 25 or 50, and burnd at 2x with nero and it booted find, so it seems my problem was the media.

Thanks for all the help.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Rowdan
    PS2 V4, PnP Key No Solder Mod-Chip
    HDLoader, Memcard Exploit, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  13. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

Okay... here's the deal... I have tried to use DVD Decrypter but it says "No reader detected" but I know that I in fact have one... is there any other freeware prog or full use shareware (one that doesnt limit what you can do) that I can use? I have dial-up so it would really help if it was a fairly small download... Please help!!!
    [​IMG]

14. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

Okay... I took the 2 hours to download Nero and find a serial number generator... now I know this is gonna make me sound really stupid but I do need a DVD-R disc not a CD-R right (almost positive this is correct but correct me if i'm wrong)? And then I go to new compilation and then CD-ROM (ISO) and then define where to read and write? Please respond telling if this is correct or not.