1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a PS2 CDR game onto a DVD-R

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Acme8790, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

Not sure if this should be posted in the cdr discussion or the DVD-r discusiion group, so I appoliguze if I picked the wrong one. I am looking for any info on how I can burn a CDR game onto a DVD-R. I searched and came up short. If anyone has any info, feed back would be great!!!

Thanks in advanced

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

not really sure myself, but i was just wondering why you would want to?

3. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I want to because dvd-r's are just as cheap as CDR's now and I have 200 DVD-R's and no CDR's and dont feel like purchasing more CDR's because I really dont use them like I do DVD-R's. Plus I am trying to burn a copy of World Championship Poker for the PS2 and its on a CDR and I only have DVD-r's. Hope that made sense to ya..... :)

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It's an extremely technical procedure that requires advanced programming knowledge with regards to the PS2. I'd also be curious to know where you are getting DVD-R's as cheap as CD-R's. I pay about $.15 for CD-R's as of now.

5. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I am getting DVD-r's for $.25 per disk. Not exactly $.15 but is still dirt cheap and for me its not worth buying a 50 pack of CDR's just to burn one game. Anyway....I did end up getting a CDR from a freind but am still curious about the CDR to DVD process. To me all knowledge is good knowledge and you never know in the future I may need to burn a CDR to a DVD...let me rephrase...not need to, but want to.

6. dud0r

dud0r Member

7. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

dud0r~~~ thanks for the info.....thats the info I have been looking for. I am gonna try it this weekend and see how i make out.....once again thanks alot!!!!