1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a ps2 game at 1x

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by showan, Jan 28, 2005.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey everyone.

I got a game from the net called Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. I burned it using Nero on a TDK DVD-R at 4x. When I tried playing it afterwards I noticed that the loading times were insanely long about 40 seconds to a minute at some points when walking into another room. It's an adventure game similar to the Final Fantasy series with the turn based battle mode so you walk around, and suddenly the screen will change when you meet a monster and you'll go into battle mode, blah blah blah, and even when switching from adventure mode to the battle mode takes a good 15-25 seconds.

Now I'm pretty sure that burning it at 4x has something to do with it. The problem is the dvds I'm using support 4x, 6x, and 8x. So when I try to burn a game using Nero or DVD decrypter I can't even select 1x. I've never had a problem with these dvds before. They are of good quality (as referenced on this site by many others) so I was wondering if there was any way to force my dvd writer to burn only at 1x.

I would appreciate any help. thanks.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

buy 4x max recording media.

it will lower your burn speeds.
    (1x,2x,2.4x,4x)

Make sure your using the newest DVD decrypter

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  3. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

its your BURNER i had the same problem.

4. showan

showan Regular member

Well a couple months ago with the first batch of these tdk dvd-r's they were 4x compatible, but they would only burn at 4x and that was it. That's why I started using them and they never gave me aproblem because the quality of the dye was listed on this site as one of the best ones.

When I use DVD Decrypter it gives me the option to write at any speed, but no matter if I select 4x,8x, 16x or whatever it will always write at 4x, 6x, or 8x with these dvds because these are the only modes they support. I was wondering if I could somehow force the burner to write slower.

5. beepoo

beepoo Member

Um how do i burn the games in the first place im confused

6. jbelder

jbelder Member

I use Prodisc S03 4x -R media @ 4x on a 150 backups every game work flawlessly plus I PI/Po test the majority of them killer burns. Burned them @ 1x sucky burns.