1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a ps2 iso

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by j2389, Dec 23, 2004.

1. j2389

j2389 Guest

Hi. I have downloaded a ps2 iso. However i have no idea how to burn it. Once i extract the main file i am left with what seems like an iso file that opens with winrar. I extract that file and am left with the game contents (CNF NETGUI SYSTEM etc.) I have tried burning the iso with several different programs (nero 6, alcohol 120, dvd decrypter) but it doesnt work. If anyone can give me some solutions it would be much appreciated.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

if you unrar'ed it down to the '.iso' image file, then you must burn that with a program like alcohol or dvd decrypter. If that's what you are doing, then it could be a bad file since its from the internet. What method are you using to run the backup game?

3. j2389

j2389 Guest

hi. thnx for the reply. do i have to extract the iso as well or no? and i have a mod chip in my ps2. hope this helps....thnx

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You want to keep it with it's '.iso' extension. Then, burn the 'xxx.iso' image file with either alcohol or dvd decrypter.

5. j2389

j2389 Guest

Ok. however the iso can be extracted further. Should i extract the iso and then burn the iso in dvd decrypter ....or should i just leave the iso unextracted and burn it in dvd decrypter

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I've never really tried to extract the .iso file. If you have the .iso image file already, just burn that with decrypter.

7. j2389

j2389 Guest

Does this sound about right for dvd decrypter.....Mode>ISO>Write and then select the iso file ?

8. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

perfect

just burn as slow as possible for best results.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004