1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a +R disc to a -R disc

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kenkell, Feb 6, 2005.

1. kenkell

kenkell Member

I've been using the TDK +R for some time and like them, but I'm thinking about changing to the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. Does anyone know of any problems I could face making copies from a burned TDK +R copy to make a copy on a Taiyo Yuden -R? Any info. would be appreciated.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The format of the disc has nothing to do with the information on the disc so there should be no problems whatsoever :)

3. kenkell

kenkell Member

Thank you Sir! I must say being a newbie here, I'm certainly happy with the responses from everyone! What a great place to ask questions and get answers quick! Time to order the TY's! :}

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You're quite welcome :)

5. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

As much as I love the branded Ritek Ridata 4x dvd+r which plays well on my Harmon Kardon dvd-101, I'll soon be switching to the TY 8x dvd-r media. The +r riteks won't play on the other dvd players the family owns.

Eventually the 4x media will be phased out and I'm a bit leary about the 8x media made by Ridata so TY is the way to go.

I do have plans to copy some movies which were origionally backed up on the Ritek +r media to the TY dvd-r media. This isn't a problem as it's just a simple dvd to dvd copy. It works evey time.

6. kenkell

kenkell Member

Good to hear! I ordered the 100 pack of 4x-R TY's, with shipping it came to $43. I'm anxious to get them and try em' out!