1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning a Region A Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by bethefin, Sep 9, 2015.

1. bethefin

bethefin Member

Hi!

I live in the UK which is Region B Blu-Ray. I have bought "The Fisher King" (Criterion Collection) on Region A Blu-Ray. I cannot play Region A discs on my player so am looking for a foolproof and effective way of burning the disc on to a hard-drive for my personal use.

I would like recommendations as to the best program to use.

2. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Hell, just waste 40 bucks and buy a player which you can re-region and say f'it all.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

What funnyday said, using whatever dvd ripper.There's a free software called bd rebuilder not sure if it rips,however dvdfab is free to rip always the rest of it is 30 day trial ware

4. Funnyday

Funnyday Member

Hi scorpNZ, seems BD Rebuilder is not a decrypter program but it's useful for me now. thanks. DVDfab is great but sometimes it occurs to slow slow speed.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I don't rip bluray type discs as i don't use them,however a couple of things to check in fabs settings,is process priority which means use normal or above to rip faster by using more cpu power,other thing to look at is are you using any sort of compression,lets say the ripped disc uncompressed is 25gb yet your rip is 20gb or under,applying any sort of compression will slow things down,with sd type dvd's i'd use no compression then edit the disc & remove the crap,if i had bluray style i'd use fab to remove the crap & select only the bits i wanted

you could try anydvd tho i'm not sure if it rips blueray,again this is 30 day trial only after which you can't use it

take a look over at videohelp.com,there'll be some good info there

6. Funnyday

Funnyday Member

Thanks scorpNZ. :D I'll take a look at videohelp.

7. bethefin

bethefin Member

Thanks for all your advice guys!