1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a swap magic dvd

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nordesmic, Oct 5, 2004.

1. nordesmic

nordesmic Member

Hi, recently ive been looking into this swap magic thing for my ps2 and was wondering if i actually need to fork out for the real disc(s) and slide card tool. A few websites are offering sm3dvd iso files which claim to work. However i burnt one of the files and when i inserted it into my ps2 i got a screen that said "please insert a ps2 or ps1 disc". I thought this might happen as the whole concept of the swap magic discs is to allow you to play burnt dvds, so how will i be able to play a burnt swap magic disc, if you know what i mean. Does anyone have any advice on how i might be able to play this burnt disc or is it working and i just don't know. I'm new to this so don't assume anything if you reply in detail. I also see that there is this dvdloader software on iso, if i burn this am i likely to encounter the same problem.

Thanks very much

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a burnt version of swapmagic wont self boot just like your backup ps2 games, only orignal pressed versions of swap magic will self boot,dvd loader is a program thats used in conjunction with the swapmagic discs to boot problem games with swapmagic, it won't boot backup games on its own