1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a TV show

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yum15, Apr 8, 2005.

1. yum15

yum15 Member

I have a whole season to a tv show I would like to burn to a dvd, but all of the shows are avi. How do I convert them and burn them so I can select which show I want to watch. I do not want to burn them to one file to where I have to fast forward to get to the next show. I want it to be like a real dvd aws where I can select the idividual show. Thankyou!

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

With Nero:
    At Nero StartSmart, click 'dvd', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files', add the avis, click 'more' at bottom to adjust the video settings, then click 'next' to make menu and chapters.
    If Nero does not recognize the avis, then you would need to change the codec of the avis (XviD works fine) or convert them into other formats (e.g. mpeg) that Nero would recognize.
    Good luck!

3. Webuser

Webuser Member

The other way of course is to use Tmpgenc 3 Express. You will find that you will be able to fit more episodes on to a dvd,(especially if you use the very useful extended dvd option) and is a better way of encoding. Nero, as everyone seems to say here (and I agree) is lame for encoding.

4. yum15

yum15 Member

TMPGEnc 3 Express is giving me some error half way through, is there another program like it?

5. Webuser

Webuser Member

What error you getting? If its half way through it must be one of the files is different from the rest? Codecs or something? Bitrate? Hard to tell without knowing the error?

6. Jeeo

Jeeo Member

So how would those of us to poor to buy Nero be able to do that? Are there any alternative softwares or am I stuck using the slow Ulead software that came with my dvd burner?

And as a second question- where can I find a program that can slightly shink the size of an AVI?

7. viper64

viper64 Guest

Try DVD SANTA It will convert all types of files.

8. rob3332

rob3332 Member

i use dvd santa to convert avi files into vob files, i find that this program is easy to use.........Rob

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

Check out the guides here. Find a guide that looks easy enough for you to use and give it a shot. Links to software should be included in the guides.