1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning a video on a mp3 cd?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cassuis, Apr 10, 2005.

1. cassuis

cassuis Member

not 2 sure about all the lingo here but basically I want to burn a cd and one of the songs I have is in a video format. Can I just select it and will it burn or do I have to convert it first? If so How do I go about doing this?

thank you

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Just make a Data-CD (not an Mp3-CD).

3. cassuis

cassuis Member

will I be able to listen to it anywhere if I do that?

4. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

If you use a cd player that's mp3 compatible it mat or may not play. You can use nero and burn it as a music and data cd or you can extract the audio to create a seperate music file with a program like cool edit pro.

5. flyingcat

flyingcat Guest

What CD you want burn your songs to, Audio CD or MP3 CD? And as you said that one of your songs is in a video format, what format?

6. Monograph

Monograph Member

Doesnt matter what kind of cd he want to create.

There are a few programs which can extract audio from video file
    I use Video to mp3 extractor. This software can help you to create your soundtrack library cause it provides user with "batch" function. It's rather fast and qualitative...
    There are two versions of the prog: full new version (Video mp3 Extractor PRO 2.0) and old trial version (free). Trial doesn't allow you to work with groups of files...
    Recently I've purchased Pro version. I like it...

Hope it'll help you.

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

So, cassuis,

(one)
    Are you trying to create an audio-cd with a data track for a video file that you can only watch on a PC?

or

(two)
    Are you trying to create an audio-cd using the sound from the video file as one of the audio tracks? If you just want to use the sound from the video file you can either record it yourself or "demux" it using some type of software. For this it would be nice to know exactly what file type and extension the video file is so we can prescribe the correct remedy.

Ced

8. cassuis

cassuis Member

number 2

thanks for the reply

9. cassuis

cassuis Member

how do I find out exactly what file type and extension the video file is ?

thank you

10. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Well, the file should be called filename.somthing (the letters after the dot is the file extension). It should be something like: .mpg, .avi, .dvix, .mpeg, .mp4, .mov, or something like that. There are also apps you could use that will tell you what encoded (created) the file. Two good ones are [bold]Gspot[/bold] and [bold]AVIcodec[/bold]. Both are free and clean! I would recommend AVIcodec because it tells you what created the file and if your PC supports it up-front. Gspot is manly a codec utillity that will show you what codec is doing what (or not doing what) on your PC.

Gspot:
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

AVIcodec:
    http://avicodec.duby.info/

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  11. cassuis

cassuis Member

thank you

It is a mov file.

12. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Darn, MOV is beyond my expertes. The only way I know how to get audio from a MOV file is to record (capture) it in realtime using Jet Audio 6 Basic (free) to a harddrive (HD). Jet has a feature that lets you record the out-bound audio (Wav-Out Mix) from your media player to your harddrive. I don't know of any software solutions. Someone in the video forums may know how to demux a MOV. If you can't find a software solution I can walk you through the proccess of recording the audio to your HD while you play the file. I have a guide (with pics)!

Ced

13. cassuis

cassuis Member

thank you kindly