1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning an iso image

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by andyheli, Jan 7, 2007.

1. andyheli

andyheli Member

can anyone help????? I am trying to burn an iso file ie splinter cell and when i burn it with nero the image that ends up on the dvd is not an iso image ! the end result is two files one thats states "psp game" (1.32gband) another file that says umd data bin.no mention of an iso file.Will this game work if I copy and paste it into the iso folder on my sons psp or does it need to be an iso if it does how do I do it????

2. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Regular member

no no no and NO you cannot do any of this, u cant burn psp games unless u have a umd writer, however u can dump a game from the umd inserted in the psp which gets saved on the memory stick.

3. andyheli

andyheli Member

this is a downloaded game!

4. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Regular member

ok when u downloaded it should be in .rar folder, inside it should say thenameofgame.oo1 thenameofgame.002..etc right click any of them and click extract, u should then find the iso in there, from there copy the iso to ur psp: ms0:/ISO.

5. andyheli

andyheli Member

no i want to burn the iso file of the game onto a dvd then load the dvd onto another pc and then copy and paste it onto the psp! please refer to my original post.Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Regular member

well u are confusing! just go to data dvd in nero then click add files then finish..

7. andyheli

andyheli Member

perhaps i have confused you i will start again. i have an iso file on my pc that i know works fine when i copy and paste onto a psp i now want to burn that image/iso file onto a dvd and send the dvd to my son so he can load onto his pc and then copy and paste it onto his psp. I thought i burnt the iso file ok with nero however when i examine the copied dvd the result is not an iso file it is a file that says psp game and a bin file. and i dont think my son will be able to copy and paste this onto the psp.What am i doing wrong as the burnt image does not state iso file and the original before burning did. I hope this is a bit clearer. Thanks for your time!

8. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

i don't know about burning the iso onto a dvd as is. however, once he had the dvd he should be able to put the psp game folder and the bin file through UMD Gen to recreate the iso. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

9. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

You just need to burn a dvd data disc with the you ISO just as a data file on it, like if you were putting pictures or mp3s onto a dvd. You don't need to burn an image or anything else.

10. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Regular member

exactly what i said

11. Kazangwa

Kazangwa Regular member

Get UMDGen from here.

Open up the program, and drag UMD_DATA.BIN and the folder PSP_GAME into the big white space. Click the floppy disc icon, and name it and select where you want it to save. Then just burn it to a dvd. If you burn the image, then it'll place the files inside the ISO on the CD, meaning the folder and the .BIN file. Just burn a data dvd.