1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning an ISO to play on a PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mdbukow, Aug 11, 2004.

1. mdbukow

mdbukow Member

Okay, a question. I'm attempting to play NES games on my PS2 through an emulator. The emulator (It Might Be NES) creates an ISO... is there any way I can burn that ISO to a DVD+R (instead of a CDr) that my PS2 will play? (my PS2 is not modded, and so I can't play CD-Rs, but I CAN play video DVD+Rs just fine)

I've tried using Nero... DVD-ROM didn't work (do you need a modchip for this, also? Maybe that's the problem...), and DVD-Video seems like the wrong format to burn to obviously. Maybe something with Alcohol 120%, burning the DVDr in a Playstation 2 format?

I've also tried DVD Decrypter, but it says that the ISO doesn't appear to be a valid DVD file, etc. Is there any way to convert the ISO to a format that'll burn to a DVD-r successfully?

I don't think there's a way to do this, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. StryderZ

StryderZ Member

The PS2 can play BOTH CDs and DVDs but you will need some type of mod (mod chip, swap magic, etc.) to play CD-Rs and DVD-Rs. Video DVD-R (ie. movies) can play in any machine without mods. You won't be able to play DVD-Rs in the PS2 without a mod anyways.

You can't use DVD decrypter since it's not a DVD ISO you are burning.. it's a CD ISO.