1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning and booting backup dvd's

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by riotact, Sep 20, 2004.

1. riotact

riotact Member

Hello. I'm really hoping someone can help. I have a version 5 ps2 with unknown modchip. I have been playing backups on cdr for years now with little to no problems. i recently got a dvd burner and have tried to backup my games to dvd. so far with no luck.
    I have a mod chip that requires swapping which i do with a gameshark. I have both a version 1 and a version 4 gameshark. i have burned two games to dvd with dvd decrypter. both on dvd+r fujifilm discs at 2.4x. Both burned successfully but i am unable to get either to boot. Any ideas?

2. riotact

riotact Member

Hi. apparently no one wants to take a stab at this one. that's alright i believe i have found the problem. i'm lead to believe my mod chip is a neo 2. supposedly dvd will not play with a neo 2. who knew.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

since you already have a gameshark, you can make your own slide card. along with an original dvd based ps2 game, you will be able to boot backup dvds.

go here for instructions and slide card dimentions:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105

You can do it with just gameshark, but i find its easier to use gameshark to load cd loader and go from there, http://www.swapmagicfix.com

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  4. riotact

riotact Member

thanks. i'll give that a shot.