1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning at 1X need help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by recon345, Mar 18, 2004.

1. recon345

recon345 Member

If I have a DVD burner that only burns the lowest speed of 2.4X and I use 4X DVD-Rs to burn with. Can I burn them at 1X speed? Or do I need a different burner or different DVD-Rs? I'm still in the learning process for doing all this burning so if someone could let me know that would be great.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Not all software/burners supports 1X burning. With 4X -R's you should get the option to burn at 2X. You are paying a premium for the ability to burn at 4X when you buy 4X discs.

Is there a reason you want to drop all the way down to 1X?

3. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

Yeah, yeah..I would like to burn with 1X. Dunno..I got the whole pack of Giga Master DVD-R`s and they are phucked up when I write with 2,4X..Mabe It would be better If I could burn with 1X, Why? This DVD costs one p.=1euro, and better quality dvd-s, one p.=3euros. Dont have the money for those expensive one`s. Would it help to write with 1X on low quality DVD-R`s?
    Expensive?..well, I live in Croatia..phucked up..I know.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If using Nero to burn w/ you should have a drop down box to alter speed down to X1

I have to burn Ritek G03 at X1 (on my old Pioneer 104) or there is an outer edge error on DVD-Video.
    I DO hate having to burn at X1 as it takes an hour , but would rather have a working back up , than coasters...

peace

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

2.4X is the lowest speed for +R media. What burner have you got ?

Dene
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]nineteenseventythree[/small]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  6. BrownAcid

BrownAcid Guest

DVD-R media..
    NEC 1300A