1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning at high speeds creates bad movies.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by zombieman, Jan 6, 2005.

1. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

Has anyone else had problems burning movies at higher than 4x. If I burn any faster than 2x on my new sony dru-710a then the movie has pixilation every so often. Im also wondering if it has anything to do with me burning and running other programs at the same time (causing the buffer to max and drop, max and drop). When burning a movie should I not use my computer until its finished? Ive updated my firmware to the newest version and still have the issue. oyea, the pixilation comes and goes and is never in the same place in the movie. Is the disk not being burned deep enough?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Many folks do especially with low quality media.

That's a great recipe for bad burns.

Absolutely.

Nope. Just too fast while multitasking and possibly using low quality media :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  3. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

what about processing the dvd (decrypting, repacking), and running other programs etc.. at the same time. Do you think that could cause errors in the final repacking?

4. silent85

silent85 Member

well I don't belive it the speed becasue I got the LG GSA - 4160B and I got 8x cds I couldnt find the 16x ones. :( but I could burn 8x and the audio is Sweet!!! I would believe it because your doing things while ur burning. I would think ur overclocking your processor. If 4x working for you it good enough. It takes about 15-20 mins to burn.
    I would sujest using Nero 6 Ultra Edition to burn it. I haven't had a problem with it at all.

5. Nephilim

It's debatable whether multitasking while ripping/encoding will cause problems. Personally I've never had a problem but I always run Shrink in low priority mode and have a relatively fast system.

If you're having problems I'd recommend leaving the PC alone during the entire process. On the surface it may seem like a waste of time that way but when you consider the time you waste with every bad burn it's not so bad :)

6. Nephilim

It may work for you but it doesn't work for everyone. I also question why, when someone is having bad burns, you feel the need to say everything is peachy when burning faster.

Why exactly would overclocking the processor cause pixelation on a disc?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  7. silent85

silent85 Member

well I am not braggen and I just sayen that the speed shouldnt matter and I didnt mean overclocking.. lol
    The poorly video is either bad decrypting or it was poorly encoded. I don't think burning has to totally on ur video quility or media. It helps if you have good dvd-r/+r. I would close all processes that you are not using.

8. Nephilim

Well it does - plain and simple.

9. 222333444

222333444 Member

If you have too much spyware running on your computer, too slow a processor or not enough RAM you will have problems.

To increase your buffer add RAM. I have a gig. Remove most spywear with SPYBOT search and destroy. To get a faster processor throw your PC in the garbage and buy another if less than a Gig.