1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning audio cd's that play on all cd players

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mistyroxy, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

lol, I'll find it again and send you a private email.

2. fpjkaba

fpjkaba Member

ozsarah what's the burning speed that you are using?
    The avaiable writing speed is 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 or Max speed!

Thanks a lot!

3. fpjkaba

fpjkaba Member

I was able to burn 2 cd using MP3 CD Maker 2.
    When I'm trying to burn the third cd it keeps on ejecting my cd without saying any error. Did you encounter that ozsarah?

Thanks!!!

4. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

I always burn at the lowest speed, which is what the program recommends.

As for ejecting the CD, do you have a registered version as I'm pretty sure you can only burn a certain number of tracks before it doesn't work anymore.

I have a registered version and it has worked perfectly every time.

5. fpjkaba

fpjkaba Member

The writing speed you are using is very slow. It takes so much time.
    Have you tried using that speed in other software like Nero?

Thanks...

6. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

It doesn't take that long, about 15 minutes, and it produces a perfect CD.

I have tried lower speeds on Nero and three other programs, and all failed.

7. fpjkaba

fpjkaba Member

Ok sir noted. Thanks a lot for the info!

8. mistyroxy

mistyroxy Guest

Ozsarah, I hate to admit it, but I've lost your new private email, which I intended to answer. I'd be very grateful if you'd send me another and I'll send you my email address if you'd like. I've installed the program you mentioned, but cannot run it without further info.
    Thanks,
    Mistyroxy

9. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

Again I say fpjkaba what part of SARAH screams Sir?

10. blessing

blessing Member

I am having problem, similar, buy yet not. Any thoughts? I can COPY previously made CD's, but cannot burn at all, anywhere.

Upgraded my XP Home from sp1 to sp2. Seems problems started then. Always used Real Player G2 successfully past couple years but then it forced me to upgrade to Vers. 10. Now I get 3-7 songs onto a CD, and always get Error msg. that R'eal Player has encountered Error and needs to Close'. Then won't even give me CD back out of drive. Have to reboot.

*So, tried Easy CD Creator 6. There I can make the successful Copy only, cannot burn.

*Tried Windows Media Player 10, will look like all is going well. Says 'Inspecting', 'Converting', 'Converted', and then 'Closing Disc', upon which then immediately get Error that 'maybe disc is dirty or need slower speed.' Have tried numerous! different discs & types and slower speed, none of which work!

Have a Plextor DVDR - PX-712A burner. Even tried updating the Firmware, but still cannot burn ANYTHING, anywhere. Can only make copies. Strange.

*** Do you think this MP3 CD Maker 2, that you mentioned might help in this situation?

Any help at all, appreciated!

11. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

It might. Certainly a different from what I was having though.

12. sanjac

sanjac Member

I am having the same problem. Cds work at in home cd players but not in vehicles! The older computer upstairs works fine with Nero but not with WMP. I will try your program. Thanks...

13. soundsmit

soundsmit Guest

Hello All!
    This problem with audio CD's might be just as simple as trying to burn them on a DVD burner. You can not expect an audio (cda) file to be errorless that is burned on a DVD burner and played on a CD player. The dot spacing is smaller and the tracking format is different.
    At best, the first track and the TOC will be fine, but the remaining tracks, especially those from the middle, out; will get increasingly noisy, or grainy, and start skipping, or just 'error out.'
    Make sure you are burning audio CD's on a CD burner and not on a DVD burner.
    I'm not sure of the format for a "combo" drive, but I would think that, because of the dot requirements for DVD, it would be a DVD format.

14. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I burn cd's all the time on my DVD rom/rewriter external drive all the time and don't encounter any problems.

15. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Well is your DVD Burner a CD burner too? Is so then there shouldn't be any problems.

16. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

Mine is a CD/DVD Burner and I yes I was having problems but now I use the MP3 CD Maker problems, I don't have a problem. So it doesn't appear to be related to the burner at all.

17. soundsmit

soundsmit Guest

Well,I make my living by 'mastering' my recording client's works and sending it on to a CD replication plant. I have made this erroe, myself, only once and had to replace a hundred CD's because I hurned them on a new DVD burner. (I did them @ 2X speed) I tried several combinations of master - dupe settings and only one worked. Burning the master at no more than 2X and copying only on a CD read/write and burning no faster than 12X. What throws the consumer off is the buffer depth in the newer machines. Automobile players have a deep buffer that stores almost 50% of the selected song and playes it out after it removes the errors. That's how they can play a CD in a Walkman and it skips very little!
    I have the luxery of equipment that reads digital errors on CD's (only CD's) All of my work is checked on this machine which confirms that it is Red Book Standard. I'm tooling up to do DVD audio mastering, soon. But until then, I'll burn to CD's for CD players. BTW, this is cda, not MP3 files. I am the Soundsmith.

18. ozsarah

ozsarah Member

Well, good for you.

I was having the same problem on my old computer where it was ONLY a CD burner. It duplicated the same problem.

I hope I have helped some people and in fact, I know I have. I've had a number of private messages from people who tried out the MP3 CD Maker program with 100% perfect results.

You may be right, in some cases it could be the DVD burner but in my case, it wasn't.

19. soundsmit

soundsmit Guest

Do you run Nero 6, ozsarah? There is a feature of Nero that can often pinpoint writing problems. The program will write a Recordable with test bursts and then read them back and graph any errors. The it will give the media a rate score. When I order media I usually take one from the order and test it. I've found several 'bargin' brand CDR's that I wasted money to buy.
    Will your CD's playback on your computer without problems? And please clear up the question of exactly what format will not work in other machines. MP3 or cda?
    I really know how frustrating this problem can be!

20. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

my question is are you using a illegal version of windows xp

you need windows media player 10 now to do anything with audio recording

here is why

microsoft media player now auto updates plugins if your connected to the internet media player will auto install a plugin for media player 10 no matter what

so if you have media player 9 and media player 7.0 your now screwed if you want to burn anything because it locks you out of your burner untill you update to media player 10

because microsoft wants the ability to track down illegal copys of windows xp you must let microsoft install a piece of spyware to search your computer illegally for a illegal version of windows xp

so expect a visit from the local police if you don't have a legal version