1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Audio Cd's w/ nec dvd+rw nd-3100AD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sinnet1, Oct 22, 2004.

1. sinnet1

sinnet1 Member

I'm hoping someone can help me here, I have exhausted all dell technical support operators. I recently purcsahed my dimension 8400. The problem that I am having is that I cannot burn audio cd's. I can copy an audio cd but when trying to burn .mp3 or .wma files to CD the burn process fails about halfway through every time. And this problem also occurs when attempting to burn data cds.

I have used all burning software programs: sonic, nero, musicmatch, real player, windows media player, and I get the same error.

When burning using the sonic program I get an error message that reads.
    Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 1.8.10.500

pxdrv.dll: 1.0.66.0

PxMas.dll: 1.8.10.500

PxWave.dll: 1.8.10.500

PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

I have downloaded and installed the new pxengine drive, that was provided by sonic.

Any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Not many people in here are familiar with that "Sonic Program" you are talking about !

How about you remove completely all them burning software -- ! Uninstall them and then re-install a [bold]FRESH COPY of NERO[/bold] all alone and run a test ! Make sure you run Roxizap after you have Roxio uninstalled , it's available here : -
    http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/support/tools/roxizap.exe
    Roxio is a real trouble maker with other burning software.

Then in Nero 6 Ultra you will find an INFO Tool that will confirnm your hardware, configuration and setup being done properly. Check that first -- DMA should be on , The ASPI should be both OK.

Try a burn and log it to see the errors if any.

Nero 6 Ultra is available here as FREE TRIAL :-

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

PS. would be helpful too if you were to give us your Hardware -- Burner Model, Processor, Ram ..... details !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004