1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning avi for DivX supported DVD Player.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by AnkurG, Apr 24, 2010.

1. AnkurG

AnkurG Member

Hey guys!
    I've few DVD Rips in avi format and subtitles in srt and a DVD Player with DivX support. Earlier, I burned a DVD by encoding the avi format using DVD Flick but in this way I could hardly burn 2 movies of 700 MB each.
    I'm confused if I can just burn a DVD by Nero Data Disk option with avi format moves and respective subtitles with same name? I want to ask if there is anything else necessary?
    Please explain this process to me.
    Thanks
    Ankur

2. attar

attar Senior member

The mpeg2 format used for DVD movies takes up much more disk space (for the same running time) than DivX or XviD formats.
    For a DVD project, the running time of the video is the limiting factor as far as disk space.
    Figure a 2-2.5 hour movie to a regular blank disk.

You have the option in DVD flick of creating movie files in 'Half D1' format.
    (Project Settings > Video > Advanced, check the 'Half horizontal resolution' box).
    The resultant files take up less space - you can try adding another Title to the project to see if it still fits the disk and whether you like the results.

Bear in mind that you are taking an AVI that was made from a DVD and are converting it back to DVD - each step implies loss of quality.