1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning AVI to DVD-R using Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mallrat87, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Mallrat87

Mallrat87 Member

I downloaded an AVI file and I want to burn it to DVD-R(DVD-RW to be specific, if that matters). I'm trying to use Nero Burning Rom, and I go through the Wizard to start it off. When it gets to the last part of the Wizard after I choose DVD Video, it says:

"DVD-Video: Nero needs DVD compatible '.VOB','.IFO' and '.BUP' files to create the DVD"

Does anyone know how I can make the AVI split into those files, or how i can burn AVIs to DVD? Or maybe another program I could use that could burn the AVI without lowering the quality of the video?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mallrat87_X_X_X_X_X_[small]No Signature Here![/small]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  2. DMW

DMW Regular member

The avi can be burnt as data to a CDR or DVDr, but this is only usfull in a Kiss DVD player. To get the avi into dvd format it needs to be authored. I'll be honest i have only done straight DVD rips of my own to test my burner, but from reading the forums there are a number of programs to do this with. Tmpeg dvd author is one that comes to mind. You may have to convert the AVI to mpeg firs using tmpeg or something similair.
    Hope it helps

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If the avi file plays to less than 80mins Nero will encode it and burn it to a VCD (CD) but not to a DVD unless it is re-authored as DMW suggests. Try creating a VCD - Nero will tell you if the file is too big.