1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Avi

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djgazza04, Nov 18, 2004.

1. djgazza04

djgazza04 Member

alrite peepz ... need help big time ... i just want a simple way to burn avi files to a dvd or even cd if they fit ... say i have white chicks its smaller than 700 mb .. an yprogram at all that will burn it?
    i have tryed converting to dvd and it worked but made the quality a load of pish blurry and fuzzy :( but anyway if anyone can help .. really appreciated !! thanx

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Have you tried NVE(NeroVisionExpress)?

It will allow you you to convert the files(It also converts faster than most of the other file conversion apps), add more than one file, create a custom menu for your compilation so you can navigate and go to any file you wish, set chapters, compress, and burn to DVD all in one app.

It even has a software remote control with which to preview your work and make sure it works and allows you to make any changes you wish before you burn to disc.

It comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite, an entire suite of audio and video programs which you can use for free each and every month for the entire month til you decide to buy(which I highly recommend). You must reinstall it each month and then you are good to go for that month.

Good luck however you decide to go :>)

3. djgazza04

djgazza04 Member

thanx alot orange .. mate :) im giving it a bash :)

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Your welcome :>)

Don't for get to load and install the update packs 1-6, except for pack #3, InCD, it can cause problems with DVD software and you don't need it.

You need these for ultra 6 to work properly.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  5. djgazza04

djgazza04 Member

got it now mate ... this pack is really good :) its burning just now taking roughly 1 hour 20 mins all in ..
    one more fing orange .. when its done .. will it be out of sync or bad quality? thanx mate

GAZZA

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

it shouldn't be out of sync. As far as quality here is what I do:

If it has a window pop up saying it's gonna have to compress because file is too large, I write to my hard drive instead of my burner. I then take those files and run them thru another app more equipped to handle large amts. of compression like RB/CCE. Or you could use shrink with it's new quality settings, or whatever else you have.

If the window doesn't pop up, then there's no compression and I let NVE go ahead and burn to disc.

It's a great app for what it does, but it's not a backup software, it's a authoring software, so I let it do what it does best and when finished I let other apps do what they do best.

7. djgazza04

djgazza04 Member

alrite mate everything is sorted only problem i cant find nero pack 5-6 anywhere i can get them ? cheers

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member