1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning backed up files (not ISO)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cidl, Jan 14, 2005.

1. cidl

cidl Member

Hello, I hope someone can help, I've messed something up I think.

I've used DVD Shrink to backup a disc, and the files are sitting in a directory on my hard drive (VOB, BUP and IFO files). They're not in directories called VIDEO_TS and whatever the other one is, as I've seen before.

I've used DVD Decrypter plenty of times to burn discs but I've always done it straight after backing up to the hard drive. This time I have backed up to the hard drive...

...and now I can't work out how to use Decrypter to burn the files. Normally Decrypter runs straight after Shrink but as I've left the files to burn later, I now can't work out how to burn the cursed thing.

Can anyone tell me how to get these VOB, BUP and IFO files to burn to a DVD? I would obviously make another backup, as an ISO or just running Decrypter immediately as before, but I no longer have the original DVD to be able to do this.

I hope someone can help, I feel like a right eejit not being able to work it out.

Thanks.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You should bebale to bring the movie back into DVD shrink by oping up shrink then click File at the top then OPEN FIle Then Click on the directory the files DVDShrink stored the VOB, BUP and IFO files at. Then DVDshrink should import the movie back in. There you could reset DVDShrink to encode again then burn the file to the ISO using decrypterlike you did before.

OR

You need to make a DVD_BACKUP folder with subfolders of AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS inside the DVD_BACKUP folder Then bring the files DVDShrink made into the VIDEO_TS Folder and use a program to make it into an image. ezample "IMGTool Program" then burn with Decrypter

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Most likely, all those files belong in the VIDEO_TS folder (I've never had any DVDs with anything in AUDIO_TS folder). You probably manually created the directory for Shrink to drop the ripped files in which is why you don't see VIDEO_TS folder. If you have Nero, just select 'DVD-Video' from the wizard and drag all those files inot the left pane under the VIDEO_TS folder created for you. Otherwise, just use your own burning software and dump all those files into a VIDEO_TS folder (AUDIO_TS folder optional) and burn the whole directory unto a DVD as UDF/ISO.
    BTW, I never rip/burn as ISO because I like to see what I'm burning. I always use the above method with Nero, and because I pick 'DVD-Video', it'll even check for DVD-compliancy and set the booktype to 'DVD-ROM' (same as the original DVD) for me.

4. cidl

cidl Member

Thanks for those replies gents - it's worked by, er, I think the word for it is 're-encoding' the files on the hard drive as an ISO in DVD Shrink which I then burned to DVD with Decrypter.

Thanks for your help.