1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning bin/cue files with Nero?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DriftEvo5, Feb 25, 2004.

1. DriftEvo5

DriftEvo5 Member

ok so i read the guide on this website on how to burn bin/cue files onto CD-R with Nero...

i've verified that the cue file and bin file match and all that bla bla bla that they explain in the guide but what i dont get is that i just burn the Cue file? how does burning the cue file going to help me run the cd on my ps2? wouldn't i need to burn the Bin file as well? especially since the cue file is only 1kb and the bin file is 821,000+kb? ok well it says burn image...so does that "burn image" process automatically include the bin file to burn as well?

im sorry this is most likely a no0b question and trust me i've searched the forums and read the faqs...although alot of nOobs would just go with the instructions and hope that it works...unfortunately i want/need to know how this burning process works and what files are needed to make a proper PS2 backup...i duno i guess its because i want to make sure i know what im doing? i dont want to mess up a bunch of CDs? im not sure...

anyway sorry to be so anal with the instructions -=oP

Thanks in advanced.
    -Vince

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the reason you just appear to burn the cue is because the cue file is just a set of instructions on how to burn the bin. with nero, all you do is go to "burn image" and dirct it towards the cue file. nero reads the cue and gets tolds that the matching bin is what gets burnt and how to lay it out properly. it sounds like your thinking is correct, and you just needed some confirmation.

3. billz

billz Active member

this will work for you
    close wizard
    click on file
    find your cue
    click on it and burn :)

4. DriftEvo5

DriftEvo5 Member

"...needed some confirmation"

haha sorry that was the word i was looking for last night...-=oP i was a bit tired and couldn't think completely hehe. anyway. Thank you very much for your help, speedy response and cooperation! I'm going to start burning asap.

Thanks,
    -Vince