1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning .BIN image with no .CUE file?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by tryst, Jul 9, 2002.

1. tryst

tryst Guest

I'm trying to burn the 'Soldier of Fortune 2' cd. I've tried burning the image with Nero 4 different ways but when it comes to installation it tells me that some of the installation files are corrupted terminating the installation. Also I only have a .BIN file to burn with no .CUE file. This is how I downloaded it.
    What am I doing wrong?

tryst

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Is the .BIN file complete and error free? Very often you can find damaged files from file sharing networks.

3. tryst

tryst Guest

Ya, that's it seems that's what it would be. I've tryed burning with nero, trying copy it from a virtual drive etc. and no luck. I hate when that happens. Specially if you waited for 2 days to complete downloading. Ah well, thanks for your help anyways.

tryst

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

How can you be sure that the file is 100%? As far as I can tell, only BlindWrite performs some sort of image file test before burn and even it's tests are not 100% accurate. I have has this same happening a few times and yes - it does p*ss one off.

5. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

Diskjuggler will burn images without a cue file. Or you could use isobuster to extract the files then burn to a cd.

6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member