1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning CD backups on dvd-r?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Sectus, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Sectus

Sectus Member

This may sound like a very odd question, but is it possible to backup cd games on dvd-r? I have a few cd games which my PS2 has a great deal of trouble reading, and I wouldn't mind using some high quality DVD-R's so I can play the games. But when I try to make a backup (using Alcohol 120%) it just expects me to put in a cd when I want to burn it on a dvd.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

do a search it has been asked many times before. somewhere is a link to a guide.

3. josetjr

josetjr Member

I couldn't find any info myself. The search only goes 60 days back, and no one has an exact answer, just dumb replies to keep looking, or no replies at all.

So, I have Sega Sports Tennis which is a ps2 cd, and I want to know if it can be backed up onto a dvd-r. DVD-R works so much better on my Vers.4 PS2. Any little info or suggestions welcomed.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Backing up a CD games to DVD is extremely difficult if not impossible. DVD discs are required to be a minimum size which is larger than CD-ROM plus you have to patch in DVD checks because the game will think that it's supposed to be on a CD. Sounds like your PS2 is the problem and converting all of your CD backups to DVD backups isn't the solution or rather it would be much easier and cheaper to solve the problem with your PS2 than it would to buy a bunch of more expensive blank DVD discs and convert all of your backups.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member