1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning cdr games onto a dvdr

Discussion in 'PS2' started by E650, Mar 24, 2004.

1. E650

E650 Member

Would the ps2 still be able to read the cd if the regular game was a cdr but you backed it up on a dvd r. I searched like 50 times and only 1 thing came up that helped but not to much. I thought that the dvd cds had to have 1gb or over.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

nope, you cant just copy a ps2 cd to dvd, you have to change some code so it knows it on a dvd and not a cd(i have no idea how to do this, but it can be done). Exactly why do you want to do this?

3. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i would wanna cuz cd's strain the laser more then dvd's

4. UofTguy

UofTguy Member

I would also like to find out how to do this. The game I want to burn to DVD is not originally a CD formatted game. It's a DVD that was ripped to CD, and now I want to put it back on DVD since my chip does not allow me to play CDs anymore. Please advise.

5. max2004

max2004 Member

i also want to know how :|

couse i want to put the PS2 mediaplayer on a DVD with MP3's and not on CD couse i can only play DVD's with my swap disk.. if you know what i mean :)

6. JRLS

JRLS Member

It can be done !

I made a tutorial on it to put 1 or more cd games or dvd rips on a dvd.
    (if you put more games on dvd-r, you must add a menu where you can select a game from the list)

Although there are times it doesn't work because of extra checks, it can be done with most games (or rips).
    In fact : i made at least 10 disc all working. (other people made succesful discs too)

Also, if you use swap disc, some cd games cannot be loaded because of the TOC limit. If you put it on dvd-r, you can load it using your boot-DVD.
    The reason i made this tutorial was since cd-r seems to put more stress on your laser, while dvd-r is allright.
    If you put a dvd rip or cd game on dvd-r you need to add the media check (again). This can be done with dvd scanlite from sonix.

You will need:
    - cdvdgenerator from sony
    - dvd scanlite 3.5 from sonix
    - some dummyfile creator (if you want to put only one game on DVD)
    - CDLoader (yes, it works for DVD too) (if you want to put more than 1 game on DVD)
    - some dvd burning program that can burn ISO's
    (DVD decrypter for example)
    - ISO Buster (optional)

Anyway : for a guide go here:
    http://www.home.zonnet.nl/joeriroels/Download/DVD_games DVDRIPS and CD games_on_a_DVD_-JRLS.zip

Remember : use dvd-rw first (if your ps2 can read those).. If all is fine, burn to dvd-r.
    You might get some coasters, but i had a high succesrate.

Note : If you put media player on DVD, it works and it boots, but you cannot add mp3's on the same disc using cdvdgenerator, since the mp3 will be *** up. Instead you should put your mp3's on another dvd which is just a datadisc.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004