1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning cd's from iTunes

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Beccy, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Beccy

Beccy Member

I need help with burning cd's from iTunes. Well, I know how to burn an audio cd, but I was told if I burned them as mp3's, I could put many more songs on a cd. I tried changing the format from the "burn" tab, but it said none of the songs in my playlist would work. When I changed it back to "audio cd," it would let me do it. I've read through some of the previous posts and found that dBpowerAMP seems to be a favorite. Do I just download the Music Converter and go from there? Do I use CD-R's or CD-RW's? (I will be using the cds in my car).

Thanks,
    Beccy

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

burning an mp3 cd to play in your car will ONLY work if you car cd player is mp3 compatible. if it is, you have to burn the files outside of itunes, it can only burn audio CDs. if you are using a PC, i STRONGLY suggest you use a better program that itunes, such as the very popular winamp. if the files are already in mp3 format, you don't have to convert them. but you do need a burning software, such as nero burning rom. what you want to do it create a "data cd", and select the folder on the hard drive with your mp3s in it. then select whatever mp3s you want to burn to cd.

3. gradalis

gradalis Member

i am able to burn mp3 cds on itunes by simply going to the preferences>burning>burn mp3 cds.

let me know if this works for you.

john

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Like gradalis said, you can burn Mp3s to CDs as data too. Make sure that the ALL the files are Mp3s. iTunes will not convert any of the protected AAC files into Mp3s nor will any encoding program that is leagal (ie. dBPowerAMP).

I have to disagree. iTunes has some of the stongest fastest encoding/decoding algorithims available (for free). Its not as robust as Nero, in terms of CD burning, but it gets the job done in AAC, MP3, or WAV!

You Car's CD player will have to be able to play Mp3s and/or be capable of reading CD-RW media to be able to play MP3s and/or MP3s on CD-RW disks!

Link to helpfull software:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

Ced

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

who cares about the fast encoding of iTunes? cdex or EAC can do just as good of a job for encoding. EAC is the best and only ripper that ensures a full copy of the audio. I'm talking about itunes as a player; it doesn't have any special features that make it better than programs like winamp. You can download itunes music, and burn CDs. That doesn't make it a better program than others. I can understand for mac users, cause thats all you suckers have to use. But if you have a PC, have some dignity and get a real PC program.

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Well, the title of the thread is "burning cd's from iTunes." The most important point that I try to make is that its [bold]FREE!!![/bold] unlike the best apps out there. Don't get me started on EAC that app isn't worthy of honorable metion and its a Setup nightmare.

djscoop have you ever used iTunes? Its pretty Kick-Ass. To me its comparable to WinAMP as a player. This would be a good topic for a forum Poll :)?

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005
  7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

lol, it probably would. Yes, I have used itunes many times. The college at which I teach audio only uses macs, so I have to use Itunes on a daily basis unfortunately. Yes, its free, but so is winamp. In my opinion EAC is handsdown the best cd ripper, and everyone I talk to agrees. The setup isn't that complicated. If you follow the guide on aD's site it only takes a few minutes. Find me another audio ripper that guarantees a 100% bit-for-bit copy when ripping an audio CD. But hey, whatever works :)

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

100% bit-for-bit copying? That does sound good. But, I'll stick with dBPwerAMP 10.1 (not that stupid new version 11). I'm sorry about the mac situtaion though. You have my condolences (j/k).

Ced

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

lol. thanks. I'd rather go to the dentist than use the freakin' macs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005