1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning cds or dvds with nero and nec 2500a dvd DL burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dbzhed, Sep 3, 2004.

1. dbzhed

dbzhed Member

i just got one of those NEC ND 2500a dvd burners and it came with no software but i guess i read about how it runs fine off of windows drivers... nevertheless it is still buggy at times, i cant quite explain it, it jsut always does something wierd... freezes up while wathcing a dvd, wouldnt work at all unless i completely removed my other cd drive from the comp

so my real problem is i jsut tried to burn something for the first time with it, a vcd with nero. when it comes to vcds i am a pro thnx to afterdawn.com lol i was able to burn hundreds with my reg cd burner, but here, nero right b4 it starts to actually burn the info (ruight after it encodes if needed) it gives an error message saying the drive is in use by another program... nothing else is running and i even tried rstarting and opening nero first

so any help wqould be appreciated, links to drivers if thats the problem, or links to a NEC 2500a specific site or something cuz i can see that a lot of other people are probably having problems with this drive as well

edit: sry i jsut realized this is really a cd-r topic but its for a dvd burner and i would think id have the same problem burnign dvds... sry tho if this mislocation of topics upsets ne1

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Use Nero InfoTool to obtain information on your system and post here so we can see what is on your system that could be conflicting.

Another suggestion is to not have any media in your recorder, when you launch Nero, and wait for Nero to prompt you to insert media.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA