1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning cd's with tracks that run into each other

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rkeslar, Jan 17, 2003.

1. rkeslar

rkeslar Member

If you had for example a stand-up comedy act in 3 files and you wanted the first to run into the second and the second to run into the 3rd, without any pauses in between tracks, what software could you use? I want to have the 3 separate tracks in case I wanted to start at any one of them, but I want them to all run into each other, where it would sound like it's one continous recording. Any idea what software to use and how to do it, or know any websites with info?

Thanks,
    Richie

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

The issue has been discussed here several times. You can do it with Feurio or Nero by setting gaps between tracks to 0. If the files are MP3s, you cannot get a 100% gapless result.

3. rkeslar

rkeslar Member

I got it working with Feurio. The way I did it was by linking one track to the previous track. seems to work well.

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

If you want full control of 1 track running into another, Get it on cd by steinberg is the best. Not only can you drag one song into another, you can fade one on top of the other. I use this program for live albums from different artists.

5. tartanlad

tartanlad Member

nero filter option also allows the fade tracks

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Be careful, if audio tracks were extracted one-by-one the ripper might have appended at the end of the tracks some extra-silence (just a few frames, but you can detect a small pop) if you record a live disc.
    To solve this I had to process WAV (with EAC) and remove all silence before burning.

I don't know why this happens, but I found this quite often. Could it be that if a track separator lies in the middle of a CD sector (LBA) the ripper completes the first file and begins the second file with zeros?

7. dpflagg

dpflagg Member

I am having this same problem, although it seems even simpler: all I'm trying to do is rip a live/sountrack album (i.e., continuous sound with track separators) from CD (WAV) into mp3 format. The result is mp3's with gaps at the end (or beginning, i'm not sure which) of each track. This is with Musicmatch, but it looks like EAC does the same thing?

Is there a ripper out there that can handle continuous sound w/ track separators? Or are there certain settings I can use with EAC?

8. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

EAC WAV processor has an option under the 'Process File' menu: Remove Leading/Ending silence.

Alas, this isn't always useful and sometimes I hear cracks and pops during the track excange. In those cases I had to delete the pop manually (I merged the two tracks into one, I deleted the pop from inside the merged file and re-split it into two tracks).

I know this way is very slow, but it worked.

9. thargor

thargor Member

When working with MP3's and have a need to insert / remove silence, all I use is Cool Edit.
    You can do what you like with an unbelievable amount of ease. Available as shareware or full purchase. No I do not work for them, but I am a Pro sound engineer.

10. Jimble

Jimble Guest

I listen to quite a lot of house music, house music cds generally tend to be mixed compilations with no gaps in between the tracks.

After trying several methods of creating audio cds from mp3s without pauses between the tracks, i found the best way is to use a simple .cue file.

You can write your own cue file very easily using a txt editor, or search this site which uses the freedb to create cue sheets for you.

http://www.regeert.nl/cuesheet/

Once you have the cue sheet, just open it in nero or cdrwin burn it.

I found this method a lot easier than playing around with audio editors and splitting up mp3s.