1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Copies of DVDs-home made slideshows

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gramps11, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I believe I figured out how to delete the Key--thanks.

Confirm if you can!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

click the little link top right of the post! to remove / edit post

KEY GONE!!!!!!! OK!!!!

RIP LOOKS GOOD YAY!!! BURN IT!!!!!! did you make an iso? now burn the iso!

the 2 disc thing can be done with menu! just thoguht you may be up to a challenge!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

can you tell from the error report on the failed burn what had happened?

Was there some encryption in this video that caused the failed burn, which you now think has been removed by using the DVD Decryptor?

I am up to challenges--however my immediate goal is to get copies of these videos for my wife for tomorrow! She just reviewed the successful burn thru the DVD Shrink and it turned out perfect.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure why it didnt burn?

it has no protection either! but its different from usally dvd structure, that why i said load to shrink for testing, if it loads it should be ok?

now dvd decrypter make a perfect 1 to 1 copy in iso mode! so its exact...

so you cant go far wrong!

other apps may not understand your 5 folder situation as dvd films have only 1 folder!

did you burn the second film yet in decrypter yet?

LET ME KNOW IF ITS OK!!!!

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

double post sorry....

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  6. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

The burn of the 2nd DVD failed in DVD Shrink. I now have decryptor--that is the 2nd report read out. I still need t figure out a few things before I try to burn it again. Gotta run for now-thanks

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

just make an ISO in decrypter and burn the ISO back with decrypter.....

8. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

yes click ones files and choose the VIDEO_TS folder and then ok and then shrink will analyze the movie. if it analyzes the movie without any errors click backup and make a folder on the desktop to save it in and click ok, then let it encode the movie and when it is done you can close shrink and open nero burning rom(if it dosent let you burn from there) and choose the VIDEO_TS folder you created in the new folder on the desktop and burn. this should work fine if shrink will analyze the disc fine. good luck

9. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

Do I have to go to a seperate site for ISO? Or is that option available in DVD Decryptor? Making an ISO is something I am unfamiliar with. Thanks.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ISO READ & ISO WRITE!

[​IMG]

11. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

Good morning Rotary

Thanks for the post on how to use Decryptor. I am having a problem still. When I decrypt it works fine, when I read the ISO it looks OK. Then when I go to "write" it goes OK until I look fr a "folder to browse". Everytime I click on "open" and put in the folder I want to open it tells me that it won't work.

If you do not mind could you give me step by step instructions on how to use the decryptor from start to finish, in detail. Once I learn this it appears it should work well and I will not have to continue to ask stupid questions.

Thanks

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

so now you have an iso image called say memtotv.iso somewhere on your system, or whatever you named it?

you click the iso! or the .mds file which if your settings in dvd decrypter are default it will make 2 files!

tell me how big is this file the iso one! not the mds!

13. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I am making some progress. I spent a good bit of time today reviewing forums and finding good info on DVD Shrink and Decryptor,with good users guides.

I finally was able to figure out a way to get DVD Shrink to work on copying one of our slideshows. Then I had some problems with DVD Shrink doing the second slideshow copy. Decided to try using a DVD+RW that I just bought at Office Depot (Maxell) 4x. It seemed to burn well, although when I reviewed the completed burn about 25 of the 300+ photos were a bit blurry or out of focus. What could cause this? They are not blurry in the original (my first) disc. That one was burned to a TDK DVD-R 4x.

Also, will I be able to make 3-4 copies in a row once I set up DVD Shrink and Decryptor for another slideshow, without having to go through the encoding and ssetup process? I have been reading the DVD Shrink Guide from DVDR-Digest.com and have not come to a section on multiple duplicate copies of the same disc.

Thanks so much for all your help the last few days. Slowly, but surely, I am getting a handle on the problems and solutions. I also signed up for the DVD Decryptor Forum--that looks useful.

14. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

Does anyone have comments about any of the following software for creating and burning DVD slideshows?

Photodex Photo Show Gold

MemoriesToTV (from PicturesToTV)

Power Director from Cyberlink

Power Producer also from Cyberlink

PhotoStory3 from MS

I have used a few of these and had mixed results. I have a large number of slideshows I want to create and burn for my large family and grandkids. I am looking for any input relative to ease of use, transitions, audio insertion and, of course, saving and burning.
    I have read a number of online reviews but I prefer feedback from people in a forum such as this, who are actually using te products. Comments good or bad will be appreciated.

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ gramps11

Photodex Photo Show Gold

MemoriesToTV (from PicturesToTV)

Power Director from Cyberlink

Power Producer also from Cyberlink

PhotoStory3 from MS

no havent come across thoses apps...

ok gramps11 did you make that iso image and burn the same image yet? only in dvd decrypter!!!! and no other app!

let us know - thx.....

ps you can make a 1000 copies if you wish from that 1 image file the ISO !

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  16. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I did finally get it done--exactly as you suggested. It worked like a charm and I have since made 6 copies of the project. It only took about 2 1/2 minutes to make each copy and they all came out great. Thanks again, you all have been very helpful.