1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Copies vs. Running from Harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dsenart, May 31, 2003.

1. dsenart

dsenart Member

Ok I am a complete idiot and I need my hand held.

I am looking to be able to play back ups on my xbox. I am not a technical person at all so looking at all of the mod chips im really really lost. Can I get some advice on this.

My xbox drive is a thompson drive ( they suck i hear )

I have a dvd+r/rw burner on my pc. First does anyone know if I can even play dvd+r/rw with this drive, I keep reading conflicting information on several websites. From what I understand this isn't an option for me with the Thompson drive which means I will need to run the game from my xbox's hard drive , IR I have read that you can store xbox games onto your computer's hard drive then load the game into your xbox to play?
    I am not completely sure about changing my hard drive out so I am leaning towards doing it on my pc.

Can I get some information on this please? How do I save games to my pc to play on my xbox, what mod do i need etc.. I would really appreciate an indepth debreiffing. I really need it to be clearly explained as I have no clue of what half this stuff means.

2. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

The only issue with the Thompson drives is that sometimes it is hard to find media that will work with them. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use dvds you are just going to have to find ones that work with your drive or do some pot tweaking. And, I've never heard of playing the games off your computer's hard drive I don't see how that would work. You would need to up grade the hard drive in your xbox and play them off that hard drive.

As for modchips, I reccomend the Xecuter 2.1 Lite. Although, it doesn't really matter which mod chip you have. Just which bios you have on your mod chip.

3. dsenart

dsenart Member

What is different about the BIOS?

4. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

There are different BIOS's that you can have on a mod chip. There are basically three different ones the evox bios, the x2 bios, and the Cromwell. You want either of the first two on your mod chip.