1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning cross platform dvd-r's XP --> OS X

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by poysen, Apr 1, 2003.

1. poysen

poysen Guest

Hi,
    Ive looked everywhere for an answer to this and have been unsuccessful.

We are trying to burn data dvd-r's with recordnow max under windows xp, Our mac's (running os X) see the dvd-r, and the file structure (the folders), but the files dont appear. The files are there when put in a windows machine. Ive tried both filesystems in recordnow as well as auto, all created the same results, dvd-r title, folder structure, visible and present, files not.

Please excuse me if i missed this somewhere on the site. Thanks,
    -poy

2. poysen

poysen Guest

I might also add, if anyone has any other issues with cross platform dvd-r's, i would like to hear about them, we are going to be doing alot of this if it works out right so i am iinterested in any comments anyone has on it. Thanks.
    -poy

3. rawhead

rawhead Member

Hi. What are you trying to accomplish? I also run Macs with OS X and PC's with WinXP. Are you trying to get Data over to your Mac? If you are running cross platform systems, I would suggest setting up a netowrk between the two rather than going the data disc routes. Both XP and OS X (OS X much better) are very capable and easy to set up networking. If you are trying to burn files directly from PC on a Mac DVD-r, or vice versa, forget it -- for now. It's not like printer sharing.

4. poysen

poysen Guest

We are trying to burn discs on the xp machine, then put them in the mac and access data, the machines are in two different lcoations so we cant network them easily. Ive burned discs using udf and udf with joliet support, and both have permissions set incorrectly when we put them in the mac. On the up side the dvd-rs burned on the mac have been working in the xp workstations, but ive noticed that the mac ones are burned as CDFS format, not UDF or UDF w/jolt., do any of the pc applications burn as CDFS format ?

Ultimately we need to burn reliable discs on an xp workstation then ship them to a user with a mac (os x) half way across the country.

5. whompus

whompus Active member